do u allow for your clothes on weigh in day

Options
according to my mums scales last nite i has lost 1lb but when i used the scales i do my weekly weigh in on today i stayed the same - i do have jeans, belt and jacket on today whereas i usually only have on light work trousers and a top - i dont know if i should record the 1lb loss or stay the same?

Replies

• sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That's the reason I weigh myself in the morning without clothes :)
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i strip naked every saturday morning before i weigh. out of interest, i tried weighing with my clothes before and noticed that i was 2 lbs heavier than when i was naked
  • CGradeCyclist
    CGradeCyclist Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Consistency is key here!!

Always the same set of scales, always the same time of day, always the same type of clothes. That way you know its a consistent measurement.

For me - its always a Monday morning, same set of bathroom scales, as soon as I get up (just after I've been to the toilet!), totally nudie... (sorry for the details - too much information??) ;)
  • jades492
    jades492 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I strip down before my shower every thursday morning and weigh in...you'd be surprised what clothes weigh, even if it's just "light weigh clothes" The only way to know is either wear the exact same thing every time you weigh in or nothing at all, I find it easier to wear nothing...
  • ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    weigh in the morning, before eating/drinking, no clothes on...
  • nigel061
    nigel061 Posts: 109
    Options
    Consistency is key here!!

Always the same set of scales, always the same time of day, always the same type of clothes. That way you know its a consistent measurement.

For me - its always a Monday morning, same set of bathroom scales, as soon as I get up (just after I've been to the toilet!), totally nudie... (sorry for the details - too much information??) ;)

Exactly how I do it!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I always weigh as soon as I get up (after going to the loo) and naked. Clothes weigh such different amounts whereas your birthday suit doesnt.
  • donnamillie
    donnamillie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself in the chemist shop so i dont think the birthday suit would work lol
  • Dove954
    Dove954 Posts: 26
    Options
    I agree with the others. I weigh in my b-day suit just before showering.
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Can you wear the same thing every week when you weigh in? I'm another "same-time, same-day, naked weigher," and I agree that consistency is key, it will keep you from going crazy over those ups and downs.
  • nigel061
    nigel061 Posts: 109
    Options
    i weigh myself in the chemist shop so i dont think the birthday suit would work lol

You should invest in some bathroom scales of your own - Argos sell them from £3.99 so it shouldn't break the bank.
  • joandhan
    Options
    oh i dunno, it would surly help you to lose weight fast....because you would be too imbarassed to be overweight! i guess the draw back mite be that you would proberly get arrested, and prison food is proberly quite fattening!
  • joandhan
    Options
    oh i mucked that up, my comment just got added onto quote, will have to try and figure how to add to a quote from someone else, sori.
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    weigh in the morning, before eating/drinking, no clothes on...

^^^ This!!
  • Keebler125
    Options
    my nutritionist says that is BEST to weigh in right after the first morning bathroom visit and naked.
    most accurate results
  • alanalosesit
    Options
    I always weigh in naked, on a Monday morning, first thing after I've gone to the toilet.
  • Scott_P
    Scott_P Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I always weigh in naked, on a Monday morning, first thing after I've gone to the toilet.

I do the exact same.
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    I'm still waiting until I can afford a doctors type Health O' Meter Scale. I use my doctors scale since I go in regularly. No, I don't take my clothes into consideration when I weigh myself.:yawn:
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I weigh naked on Friday mornings because weekends are tough days on my caloric intake
  • JCN_1103
    Options
    No. I weigh naked as the day I came into this world.