FIRM workout DVD's or Chalene Extreme

Options
Hey there,

I'm new on this site. Has anyone had any success with the FIRM workouts (FIRM Express) or Chalene Extreme? I'm looking for some good DVD's to use at home. I need Cardio and Strength Training for the toning.

Thanks and have a blessed day!

Replies

• AloyMomNwife
    AloyMomNwife Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have the FIRM TransFIRMer series (step workouts) and they have been very effective. I really like that they combine cardio and strength training in 2 of 3 workouts and the routines are not too complicated to follow. It has done wonders for my legs and thighs! I also have 1 or 2 Firm express videos but I find them too short for a good workout. Good luck!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I've done CLX and toned up quite a bit, especially in my back and arms. I haven't done FIRM in a long time.
  • Sigma28
    Sigma28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Having done both, you'll burn MUCH more calories with Team Beachbody (eg. Chalene, Insanity, P90X) than the FIRM ones. Having said that, go with the FIRM if you're not very active and work your way up to Team Beachbody. If you're moderately to quite active already, Team Beachbody DVDs are the way to go.

Good Luck!
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    ChaLean all the way!! Lost 2 pant sizes in 90 days! =]
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Absolutely ChaLean Extreme! I've been doing a hybrid CLX/Turbo workout, and my arms are looking sooooo much better!
  • Bloomsday
    Bloomsday Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love CLX! I cannot get over how different my arms/shoulders/back look and feel. I was scratching my shoulder last night and thought, "Hey, wait! Is that a bone? And muscles??" :) I have not done the other program you ask about so I cannot compare, but I definitely recommend anything by Chalene Johnson.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    CHALENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and I am proud to say that my "story" is in her motivational CD! :) Even if it weren't, Chalene is the Best! Helped me lose over 125lbs.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    CHALENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and I am proud to say that my "story" is in her motivational CD! :) Even if it weren't, Chalene is the Best! Helped me lose over 125lbs.

THAT IS SO AWESOME! CONGRATS!!!
  • merzback
    Options

Thanks- it's in track 7- I went through a very rough patch a few years after that, but I am back on track now. :) She put my story in her PUSH book so I have to actually keep my PROMISE to her and myself :)
  • rosess12
    Options
    has or does anyone do the kettlebells. I have watched workouts on the net and have done some. I can't believe how your heart rate goes straight for the roof , great workout.
  • Andi_1977
    Andi_1977 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Thanks- it's in track 7- I went through a very rough patch a few years after that, but I am back on track now. :) She put my story in her PUSH book so I have to actually keep my PROMISE to her and myself :)

Oh, wow, I think I read your story in her PUSH book last night! Were you the one who went to her fitness camp & surpassed the amazing goal you promised everyone by the next year's camp? If so, you are AMAZING, and I can't imagine how cool it would be to be able to talk to Chalene on a regular basis! I agree, she's the best!

And so I'm not totally hijacking the thread, I'll put in another plug for CLX! I've tried The FIRM in the past, but it just didn't appeal to me as much as CLX. I only did about 60 days of the 90 day program, but I was starting to see some major changes in my arms and legs. I'm focusing on other programs for now (mainly TurboFire!), but as soon as I feel comfortable, I'm going to add back the CLX workouts. I haven't found anything I like as well as Chalene's programs (except maybe BodyPump). Oh, and I'm not in any way affiliated with BeachBody!
  • merzback
    Options

YES that was me! I am sitll SUPER honored to be in her book!

Oh, wow, I think I read your story in her PUSH book last night! Were you the one who went to her fitness camp & surpassed the amazing goal you promised everyone by the next year's camp? If so, you are AMAZING, and I can't imagine how cool it would be to be able to talk to Chalene on a regular basis! I agree, she's the best!

And so I'm not totally hijacking the thread, I'll put in another plug for CLX! I've tried The FIRM in the past, but it just didn't appeal to me as much as CLX. I only did about 60 days of the 90 day program, but I was starting to see some major changes in my arms and legs. I'm focusing on other programs for now (mainly TurboFire!), but as soon as I feel comfortable, I'm going to add back the CLX workouts. I haven't found anything I like as well as Chalene's programs (except maybe BodyPump). Oh, and I'm not in any way affiliated with BeachBody!
  • just4me46
    Options
    OMGoodness....I just listened to your story this morning. This is AWESOME!!!! It was motivating to me to hear that when you came back to her fitness camp no one knew it was you. I know you know from personal experience how motivating she is. I love to hear her "tell me like it is" so to speak. I listened to the whole motivational CD this morning. She is amazing!!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of results I get. I would like to share them with you. I feel like she means what she is telling you. She wants you to succeed.

Great work and keep the CE going!!!!!
  • Embell0830
    Options
    I did the original Firm workouts when they first came out and loved them, but they are all on VHS, need to get the DVD versions. I haven't tried the Firm Express workouts, but one of the trainers for Firm Express, Kelsie, teaches kickboxing at the studio I go to and she is amazing.