Are Fruit sugars bad sugars?

Options
I love fruit, but I can easily go over the allotted sugar for the day with a banana, milk and cheerios :\
I'm just wondering if eating a lot of sugar from fruits and milk is bad? I never drink soda or anything sweet I have always been a water girl, but could this sugar slow down my losses? Thank you & Best Wishes ♥

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I hate it when good fruit goes bad.
  • ednawhatnot
    ednawhatnot Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It's still sugar but at least with fruit and milk you are getting fibre, vitamins, protein, calcium... :happy:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Depends on who you ask. If you're asking me, I'll tell you that unless you have a medical sensitivity to sugar, going a little over your macro goals will not greatly affect weight loss unless you're also going over calories. And really, the takeaway there is that you just need to pay close attention to your calories.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    but when it ferments...cheers!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    my dietician told me not to worry about fruit from sugar, and to keep my "added sugar" intake to 35 or less
  • Sofithomas
    Options
    I eat a great deal of fruit and haven't noticed any detrimental effects or weight gain...however it DOES make me bloat/retain water easily so when I feel a bit 'soft' I ust take it easy for the next couple days and I am fine. I tr to eat more veg than fruit though, and I do ensure it fits in my carb and sugar macros...also depends what fruit! Berries are great, whereas grapes are a bit more sugary. Maybe if you're worried just eat a little less for a week or so and focus more on veggies and the like?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Sugars won't make you fat...eating too many calories will.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Grapes? :smile:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Grapes? :smile:
    They ARE my favorite...fermented fruit
  • MystiqueMynx
    Options
    Sugars from eating fruit and drinking milk will not have a negative effect on your body or diet plans. ALL refind sugars (I.e. white suger, sugar in the raw, brown sugar, especialy high frutose corn syrup) are detramental on you body. Studies show that sugar increases your chance of developing cancer and quickly progresses existing cancers. The processing of the sugar cane strips it of all vitamins and nutrients and adds a variety of chemicals. Leaving you with, basicly, with a poison. If you want something sweet, reach for your favorite fruit or blend it with "lite (no sugar added)" yogurt and milk for a yummy shake!
  • Care563
    Care563 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Whole foods are always the way to go! Only worry if you are eating processed sugary products.
    Don't get my started on milk though
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    was wondering this myself. Everyone keeps telling me to cut down my sugar but the only added sugar I am having is once every few days I have a cup of tea with 2 raw sugars. The rest of my sugars are coming from fruit/vegetables and my meals I make that I am not adding sugar to.
  • nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The dietician I met with said no, they aren't bad for you when combined with a healthy, well balanced diet. She told me, "no one gets fat from eating too many apples." The fiber fills you up, but also prevents the fruit sugars from giving you that blood sugar jump that leaves you sluggish and hungry for more when it drops.
  • ugw125
    ugw125 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you all c:
    You are all so helpful, I really appreciate all of your opinions!