Praise to Peanut Butter, it's a great appetite suppresant

Options
I just wanted to say how I discovered the magic of Peanut Butter (PB). I love but obviously it is high in calories. So, instead of having spoonfuls of it and overeating, I allow myself to have 1 heaped teaspoon every evening, after my dinner. It is only around 100kcal, but it gives me a perfect satisfaction for savoury and sweet at the same time, and keeps me full until I go to bed. No more going around the fridge and looking what to snack on! I used to be a heavy binge eater, when I would empty packets of biscuits, then savoury things, then biscuits again… until I noticed that only one 1 teaspoon of PB satisfies me perfectly. Quite often I also don’t have enough calories left for dinner.. and after eating a huge bowl of stir fry veggies and chicken I would still feel hungry. Then PB comes in handy, and helps me to bring that hunger down…
I googled internet and it says that PB keeps hunger down for up to 2.5 hours. You can eat banana for the same calories and will feel hungry within 1 hour.
It is just a really magic food for me and I wanted to share with everyone.

P.S. I don’t work for PB factory, no :)

Replies

• NicoleLeeay
    Options
    Keep in mind that not all peanutbutter is created equal... I try to stick with organic peanutbutter that doesn't include lots of additional ingredients. My favorite brand is MaraNatha. So yummy! That's awesome that you've find a way to satisfy cravings!
  • littlecrystal
    littlecrystal Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am in the U.K. so brands are different but I wasn’t going to mention them here anyway… Obviously the natural, organic PB is better. But even the one with little added sugar and salt does the job of killing the cravings.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! I cant keep PB in the house.. I dont have the self control yet and can never stop with one tbsp of PB!!! Its so darn yummy!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! Peanut butter works wonders for my cravings also.
  • Nomiepie
    Nomiepie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I here ya! I am praising peanut butter myself! I love it so much, I just got myself an 800g tub! Organic and DELICIOUS! I secretly eat a tablespoon of it with mini celery sticks at my desk during the day to keep the hunger away! It definitely stops me reaching for the bickies!
  • MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! I used to hate the stuff, now I adore it, perfect savoury sweet treat! :love:
  • littlecrystal
    littlecrystal Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Ha ha I used to hate PB myself :) Then I used to overeat because all of a sudden it became sooo delicious. No I don’t overeat anymore, because I can have it – to moderation, i.e. 1 tsp - every single day! Great stuff!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I do declare ... I believe I have peanut butter every day of my life!
  • Pancake86
    Options
    I only eat organic peanut butter, but your right its a great treat, i love it with apple and on rice cakes!!!
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    If I have it on wholewheat toast in the morning, I'm not at all hungry until lunch time. It's great stuff, especially with cinnamon sprinkled on top.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I am in the U.K. so brands are different but I wasn’t going to mention them here anyway… Obviously the natural, organic PB is better. But even the one with little added sugar and salt does the job of killing the cravings.

No! No! You are on MFP! You must become an MFP clone and do as you're told. ONLY ORGANIC. ONLY PEANUTS. If you eat added sugar and salt you will DIE a horrible DEATH!

:-)

Kidding. I love peanut butter. I eat a couple servings of it a day. My favorite is Skippy Natural. I've never tasted a peanut butter better than that. I like to eat it with a little dark chocolate. And then I have this chocolate peanut butter i put in my fruit smoothies that's awesome.
  • Cornwallis68
    Cornwallis68 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I totally - it's been my favourite 'wonder' discovery since joining MFP. I used to like it but felt it was a bit 'bad' - but since I discovered how it keeps any hunger pangs away and stops me picking at whatever's available late at night I think it's brilliant. I do exactly the same - a teaspoon late on does wonders and is delicious.
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I can't go a day without PB. I get very sad.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options

No! No! You are on MFP! You must become an MFP clone and do as you're told. ONLY ORGANIC. ONLY PEANUTS. If you eat added sugar and salt you will DIE a horrible DEATH!

Kidding. I love peanut butter. I eat a couple servings of it a day. My favorite is Skippy Natural. I've never tasted a peanut butter better than that. I like to eat it with a little dark chocolate. And then I have this chocolate peanut butter i put in my fruit smoothies that's awesome.

Hahaha! I like JIF *the horrors!*
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Might have been mentioned already, but try PB2... it's lower calories, and still tastes pretty darn good! ;)

I don't have anywhere around me that sells it, so I purchased it online (a little more pricey, but worth it in my opinion...)
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Love peanut butter.......but it's gotta be crunchy! I stir 1 tsp into 2 dsp of Greek yoghurt for an evening snack.....massive protein hit!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Hahaha! I like JIF *the horrors!*

Enough people went on and on about the Jif Natural that I finally tried it. I have a major sweet tooth, but it was too sweet for me, so back to the Skippy. But, Jif is still peanut butter and I wouldn't turn it down. :-)
  • naturallykat
    naturallykat Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Yesterday I discovered the Holland & Barett tubs are £5.29 for 1kg, and contain pure organic peanuts, nothing else, which makes it both cheaper than my regular brand (wholefoods) and better for me - win win! Oh, and I still enjoy the taste, which is the only thing I was sceptical about! I think the actual brand is called Meridian.

I find if I eat Sunpat or any of the ones containing added sugar, I can't stop at one serving. With the sugar free ones I am much better.
  • paulslimjonesbryant
    Options
    i call any thing you can readily consume finger food so keep away from anything you just can eat out of jar feel free add me lets reach our goals together
  • SteelMan59
    SteelMan59 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love teaspoon peanut butter and half banana on 1 slice of 40cal bread/toast :love: