"Back Fat"

Options
I have having issues ridding myself of my "back fat/bra fat" it often pushes me to have to buy a top 1-2 sizes bigger than I would typically need :cry: does anyone have any suggestions on what exercises I could do ??

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Look for exercises that target your core. I do pilates which targets that area, but google "core exercises" and there are thousands of things you can do.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Fat comes off the body uniformly (for the most part). That said, reduce your overall body fat percentage to reduce your back fat. If you want to target your back for fat loss, the only thing you can do is increase blood flow in that area. how?: Wear a sweater while at the gym.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Look for exercises that target your core. I do pilates which targets that area, but google "core exercises" and there are thousands of things you can do.

Isolating your core like this, to drop body fat is bad advice. Your core is made of smaller muscles so you burn less calories than if you were working larger muscles groups such as legs. Yes she should work her core, but targeting just that would not be as beneficial as more compound lifts.

Please do more research before posting this bro-science again.
  • nailed479
    Options
    Push ups, rows, punches, and just cardio all together!!!
  • lizg1979
    lizg1979 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds good thanks everyone, in regards to wearing a sweater at the gym .... I have a sauna vest and shorts that I wear does anyone feel these acctually help, they definately make me sweat alot more than when I don't wear them under my work out clothes
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't worry about wearing a suit that makes you sweat, that's not what is going to make the fat go away, it will just dehydrate you. Overall cardio and caloric deficit over time is really the best way to lose back fat or any fat. It will not come off one area just because you work that area. You should do plenty of strength training, weights, pilates, whatever you like, but the more muscle you build the more quickly the fat will come off. The best thing you can do is ANYTHING that will get that cardio burn!!!!

Go for it, girl... I love not having back fat for the first time in many, MANY years!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    The best results I had with toning this area was when I was doing the 30 day shred and 15-30 minutes on the elliptical every day. I would do this 4-5 times a week and within 2 weeks I saw a noticeable difference.
  • TinaLTaylor79
    TinaLTaylor79 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I lost 83lbs with Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. I had mega back fat and its ALL gone..not an inch of fat on me anywhere now!! Intense Cardio on a regular routine and eating right and enough will shed that fat right off you!!:)
  • lizg1979
    lizg1979 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks :D definately going to try all of these suggestions and figure out which one will work best for me :D