Gastric Bypass

Options
Hi new on here, are there many members who had had gastric bypass? if so would love to add as friend for help and support and general chitchat. many thanks in advance :happy:

Replies

• meparker56
    Options
    Hello! Good for you for going through with the gastric bypass! I was supposed to have it a couple years ago, but there was a small issue and it got cancelled. By the time they cleared me for it, I had chickened out!! Big step!! But you can do it!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I had wt. loss surgery a little over 4 months ago. I am so glad that I went through with it. My surgery was medically needed due to health issues. I feel better than I did before surgery, but I do struggle with the lifetime changes.
  • clairer2282
    Options
    Hi. I have a gastric band, I have never mentioned it on here before as there is a lot of misunderstanding surrounding weight loss surgery and I wouldn't want my efforts discredited. As you are well aware, losing weight requires great willpower whatever tool you use, and surgery is by no means the quick fix people assume it is. My sister had a bypass almost 6 years ago and lost half her body weight and is now at her ideal weight.
  • pcalhoun63
    Options
    Hello, I am a month and a half out from having the Gastric Sleeve surgery, I am down 30lbs so far. My main motivation in having the surgery was to improve my quality of life. I had a total knee replacement last March and my other knee started giving me trouble. With the pain I was having in my knee kept me from exercising, and if I couldn't exercise I couldn't lose weight. Heck, I couldn't even walk across the floor. Just two weeks out of surgery and my knee was already feeling better and just continues to get better with each pound. I no longer walk with a limp and that is wonderful! I'm happy to find others on here that have had some type of weight loss surgery. Best of luck to all of us!!!
  • sifsaf
    sifsaf Posts: 10
    Options
    I am with you on that one, i need both knees replacing and the pain is terrible. Well done you
  • sifsaf
    Options
    Defo not a quick fix. You stil crave the foods you had before and you still have to limit and control what you eat. Also the head thing is a big thing with me. Good luck on your Journey x
  • sifsaf
    Options
    I am really glad i had mine as well would not change a thing x
  • sifsaf
    Options
    Thanks for that not all people understand. Good luck on your weightloss journey x
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass almost a year ago (Feb. 7, 2011).
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I had gastric bypass a year ago in December. December 6th, 2010.
  • lbencomo
    lbencomo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had Gastric bypass on 10/11/2011.
  • BarbDell
    Options
    I'm two weeks post-op from Roux-en-Y. So far so good. I've been tracking my food on paper, and was surprised when I transferred it into MFP that I've been getting more protein in than I was giving myself credit for!
  • erinacarpenter
    Options
    I had bypass surgetry January 12, 2009. So far I have lost 141 pounds and I am kicking myself to get to the ideal weight this year. I have been working my but off for the past year to get the rest of this darn weight off. Bypass has been an amazing tool but in no way has it or will it ever be a quick fix. Keep up the amazing work all of us!:heart:
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I had roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery in January 1980. That's right--I'm 32 years post-op
  • dbutorac
    dbutorac Posts: 120
    Options
    Be careful! I have seen some horror stories & alot of successes. Just don't ever let yourself get "fat" again. I have seen it over & over again.
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I had RNY on Dec 15, 2011. I'm a newbie in that respect. :drinker: <--water. Always water.

If you look under groups, there is a WLS group. It's not massively active, but a good source of contacts.
  • saeverman
    Options
    I am 9 years post op gastric bypass. Feel free to add me.

Stephanie E
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi new on here, are there many members who had had gastric bypass? if so would love to add as friend for help and support and general chitchat. many thanks in advance :happy:

My friend bigman3406 is in the process he would love to have you as a friend. read his story its very moving!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/bigman3406
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi all you GBP, LapB, and GSleeve people,
    We have a group going for all who have had and plan to have one of those surgical procedures. Love to have you share your ideas and concerns. Also browse to get your questions answered by those of us who have had the procedures.
    Click on Community, then click on groups, scroll down to ByPass/LapBand.
    Welcome in advance.
    Risskie
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I didn't do it, I researched it and decided it wasn't the best fit for me Congratulations on starting your journey to better health. Before researching it I thought it was a quick fix, but after researching it, I found out that it is just as difficult as a regular diet. Good Luck on your journey.