First day with 30 day shred

Options
I had been complaining to my husband that I was not sore for any of the exercises I have been doing. I thought I had been pushing myself, I did lose 20 lbs. I did 30 DS today and I think I will feel it tomorrow...YAY LOVE IT

Replies

• ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I just started that again on Saturday. I'm gonna try really hard to stick to it. I've been sooo tired these past few days so it's been hard already. lol My abs were a little sore yesterday, but other than all of that...SO FAR SO GOOD!!! I need to be kept accountable and just DO IT!

We can do it together! :)
  • Kim28dav
    Options
    Give it a few workouts and you WILL feel it!!!
  • savannahgur
    savannahgur Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm also going to start again today...my HRM took a poop so now I need to start the program again so I know I will be zapping those calories..good luck ladies
  • rochey1098
    Options
    I had this problem with my pushups/situps/pullups but found the answer. Do more sets. I wake up and do a set, go brush my teeth then do a set, get some porridge and so on. Long breaks in between sets and max reps always pulverise me and I've been making steady gains ever since. I still only do 5 sets though, I don't think its a good idea to do too much
  • lina20
    lina20 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kmhallett
    kmhallett Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I bought an HRM to see how much I burned. It said I burned 48 calories. That cannot be right. What do you think is wrong?
  • Christinaray
    Christinaray Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My hrm was saying the same thing I got mad with it and havent used it anymore. Because im like you I know I burned than that when im sweating like I am.
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I bought an HRM to see how much I burned. It said I burned 48 calories. That cannot be right. What do you think is wrong?

What did it say your heart rate was? Is it the chest strap type? I have a Polar FT60 w/ strap. Age 35, 5'10", 175lbs, and at an HR of about 140 for 45min, it says I burn around 400 cals.

BTW, not starting 30DS today like I said. :( I can barely move my right shoulder without whimpering. It's a neck issue, and I'm going to see my awesome chiro at 2:15. Well done to you ladies that did it today! I'm so looking forward to starting!
  • kmhallett
    Options

What did it say your heart rate was? Is it the chest strap type? I have a Polar FT60 w/ strap. Age 35, 5'10", 175lbs, and at an HR of about 140 for 45min, it says I burn around 400 cals.

My heart rate was 145 and no it does not have the chest strap. I know those are more accurate but I was hoping this would work alright. Guess Ill have to invest in another one.
  • giuliajustdoit
    Options
    Hey girls :) good luck with this program! It works. I actually did it last year and it was the first time i did dvds at home. i had great results. I used it like 3 or 4 months and i went from a couch potato who hate fitness to a fitness maniac! I love Jillian, she was my first (fitness) love. <3
  • kate0309
    kate0309 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did Day 1 today. I can already feel it.
  • Aimelish70
    Aimelish70 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 4 day and love it! I feel so energized afterwards. Is anyone here doing it 2x's per day?
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6. I love it. Yesterday I did it twice.
    I'm 5'10" 198 pounds and I have burned between 180- 313 (with my HRM)

Keep it up!
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    ^Good job - keep it up!!

I finished level 1 today and will be starting level 2 tomorrow. It's really awesome how you see improvements in your ability to do the exercises from day to day.
  • ClaireS1008
    ClaireS1008 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey folks, newbie here! I did first day of shred today too, hoping to keep it up, fingers crossed! I did it before, well managed about 8 days I think and I started to see results in that time, but then I missed a day....then another...you know the score haha.

Anyway good luck to everyone with it - lets hope we see great results x
  • kmhallett
    Options
    ladies, I can barely move my arms and legs today....I hope when I do it today everything loosens up. Good luck!
  • dmarie1107
    dmarie1107 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my day 2, had to push myself to do it, and it was definitely harder than the first day. I feel like I worked out! actually looking forward to it tonight.
  • kokkovirsi
    Options
    Give it a few workouts and you WILL feel it!!!

This!