98lbs to lose may as well go for 100 :(

Options
Hi Im looking for buddys or support I am 42 female a yoyoer always losing weight always gaining weight am now hating going out especially as Ive moved to my childhood town and people last saw me very slim,I have 98lbs to get me to 9st 5 thats 7 stones to lose so Im making it to 100lbs to go :(
I really could do with someone to keep me company we have just brought a business and I need to lose the weight as customers will want to see a happy person looking after them ?

Im in the south please say hi?xx

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Hey honey xxx
    right FIRST I AM GOING TO TELL YOU OFF.....

you do not have 100lbs to lose! you have 10 lots of 10lbs to lose get that into your head and you are half way home it's alot more manageable now right!! :wink:
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    sent
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me if you want! We all have our reasons, but the number one reason should be so you're healthy and happy, not how others see you!

I initially just had to lose 14lbs to join the US Navy. I did that, and now I want to go further, I want to be healthier than I was even in high school.

If you want it, you will find a way. If you don't you will find an excuse!

You can do it!! :)
  • ymvestal
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I've lost 100.2 lbs in 13 months...not easy, but it can be done...I put a coupke back on, but I am on my way back down again.

Good luck!
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    i need to lose over a 100lbs. I do mine in mini goals of 25lbs so its not such a ways away. feel free to add me :)
  • Carri1
    Carri1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!
    I agree...10lbs at a time so it doesn't seem so overwhelming! Actually 1 lb at a time is doing something! It's 4 sticks of butter.
    Don't ever get discouraged! Feel free to add me!
  • opamike1
    Options
    Hi Sand. Just a quick Hi before I head out. I also had a bunch to lose. I started on my own and found MFP about a month ago. I'm now 7lb. from 100 with 50 to go after that. You can do this. Just stay focused on the goal, don't let a bad day or week be your excuse to give up. ( You will have them, we all do!) Keep in mind also that you didn't put the weight on in a day or a month, give yourself time to take it back off. Slow and steady wins the race as they say. If you ever need some motivation give me a shout, I check this a few times a day. Good luck, I have faith in you, believe in yourself! };0 )
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hey honey xxx

you do not have 100lbs to lose! you have 10 lots of 10lbs to lose get that into your head and you are half way home it's alot more manageable now right!! :wink:
    LOVE THIS!!!! It does make it easier when you think like this!!
    Oh and my suggestion -- DO this for YOU and ONLY YOU!! not what other people might think...realize that YOU are worth being healthy lively and happy!!!
  • amberkitchener
    Options
    Hi, Iv got 60lbs to lose and I want to then get a bit of muscle tone so in it for the long haul since jan 1st!
  • Shannon36907
    Shannon36907 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im a yoyoer too. I have 50 pounds to lose, and I am giving myself a year to do it. Im 40, and I dont want to be obese anymore. Just keep telling yourself you can do it. Im adding more exercise every day, I take 2 fibercon tablets every night, I dont skip meals, and I drink water nonstop. If I can do it, anybody can. My friend who is a guy has lost 27 pounds in two months using this site. Best of luck to you!
  • oneadem12
    Options
    http://images.lifetimefitness.com/65/Life-Time-Fitness-Nutrition-Manual.pdf

download this manual and follow it. This has helped me drop 41 pounds to date. The main thing for me was really limiting the carbs without going atkins. You need less carbs but you still need them.

Keep up the good work. Get your exercise, stay hydrated and surround yourself with people who will help you succeed. You can do it.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Morning, and Welcome to MFP!! As you can see, there is LOTS of Support here and you will find many Friends who know exactly what you are facing. You CAN Succeed, One Day, One Decision and One Meal at a time.
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hey honey xxx

Agreed! Putting your LONG term goal into SHORT term goals makes the process more enjoyable! I've lost a total of 85lbs and I couldn't have done it staring at the finish line. I had to learn to look forward to the rest stops along the way! A support group is a GREAT way to get encouraged. Also to help with those days when you just don't think you can do it.

Please feel free to add me! I love encouraging and motivating! Esp on those BLAH days!

Thanks
    SLB
  • cassiebrooks
    cassiebrooks Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i love the "10 lots of 10 lbs." very nice!!! Im here too if you need the support! Im in the same boat!
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You have inspired me! My goal was to lose 96 lbs., but now I think maybe 100 seems like a great number! :happy:

If YOU really want to do this for YOU, and are ready to focus on your goal, YOU will be successful! Set interim goals for yourself (10 lbs, 25 lbs, 50 lbs - halfway there!), and celebrate each one as a victory.

Good luck in your journey! :happy:
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hey honey xxx

Ahh thankyou dont know how that 7lbs in 1987 turned into 100? But your right 10 lots of 10 thats so much better :) Thanks for replying xx
  • sandown12
    Options
    sent

Thankyou :) x
  • bound4glory2
    bound4glory2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also have over 100 pounds to lose, but I do mine in 20 pound "mini goals". It's not so overwhelming that way.
    I've been using MFP since Jan, 10th, 2012, so I'm still a newbie here, but I lost 3 pounds in my first week! :) If you
    stick with this site and stay focused on your "mini goals", not only will you make some awesome friends, but you will achieve
    your ultimate end result! :)
    Sending you a friend request....
    "Faliure is NOT an option!"
    ~Kelly~
  • sandown12
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me if you want! We all have our reasons, but the number one reason should be so you're healthy and happy, not how others see you!

I initially just had to lose 14lbs to join the US Navy. I did that, and now I want to go further, I want to be healthier than I was even in high school.

If you want it, you will find a way. If you don't you will find an excuse!

You can do it!! :)

\Your right we can always find excuses but we can do this :) x
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have 50 lbs to lose myself, and it's hard, but I know that doing it the right way and making a healthy change with help me to achieve my goal even if it is at a slow and steady pace. The good news.... that also means keeping the weight off will be more managable! Let's keep going and just take it one day, one step, one pound at a time!