Abs Diet for Women

Options
Has anyone followed the meal plan for the abs diet? I was thinking of used it as a basis to get myself started. Any better suggestions are welcome! :)

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    . Any better suggestions are welcome! :)

I would suggest that you learn how to set up your calorie and macronutrients properly, and once you've done so, I would recommend choosing foods that you enjoy eating that allow you to hit those goals. Add in exercise.

Rinse and repeat.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

I would suggest that you learn how to set up your calorie and macronutrients properly, and once you've done so, I would recommend choosing foods that you enjoy eating that allow you to hit those goals. Add in exercise.

Rinse and repeat.

*high five*
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options

Rinse and repeat.

I agree - it's a much better idea to learn how to eat better than to try any fad diets etc.
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Abs Diet, although for sale in a book, is not actually a fad diet.

I have eaten several of the meals or snacks from the "your flat belly day" page printed in Women's Health each month, which are from that book, because they're very sensibly put together.

For someone with no specific medical concerns, this is a safe and wholesome diet plan. It's based on 1500 calories (I eat 1600), uses whole foods, includes protein at each meal (though not necessarily as much as some people will want, if going for 40:30:30/Zone-based macros), plenty of produce, very little processed wheat flour (I saw pasta in one dinner, one time), and a pretty good volume for the calories.

The "flat belly" part is really just based mostly on those kinds of principles - fiber, protein, satiety, good fats, good vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals in your food - not on any really out-there or super complicated, potentially specious scientific principle. Just modern research as reported by everyone, everywhere.

I'm eating about 1600 calories a day and a lot of their recipe ideas fit in well with what I am doing, which is more Zone-based (though I don't stress if I have a 20% protein day, at all).

I'd recommend picking up a magazine or doing a trial via the Women's Health Web site (lots of free reference stuff on there, though you may need to set up an account), to see how it suits you.
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    As we all know you cannot spot reduce fat ! just eat healthy and keep to your calorie allowance !

Forget the fad diets if they worked this site wouldnt be popular now would it !
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Oh and exercise as well !
  • stubsy1968
    stubsy1968 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Great advice Sidesteel. Good, clean food, very little processed food, lots of water and heaps of exercise will very SLOWLY do the job. Persistence is the key (as I have found out)

Kathy :smile:
  • jkmurphy06
    jkmurphy06 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is a great book and I personally have had great sucess following its basic guidelines. I eat a little under the calorie goal because I am pretty small. My best friend followed their eating and weight lifting plan and she got amazing abs in the course of two months while we were on college break. I recommend this book for people who have little knowledge of how to eat wholesome foods and/or exercise because it helps simplify things. Those of you who have been lifting or eating healthy for a while might find it to be old news though. Good read either way!