Post baby belly

Options
Hi I am trying to make some healthy changes and would really appreciate some ideas on exercises to lost the post baby belly. It seems to hang even when I lose lbs and do crunches. Thanks so much!!:happy:

Replies

• Smashleymae10
    Options
    I hear ya!! My belly is the same way. If only you could just cut that skin off!! I've been working out in a personal trainer and she has a ton of different stomach excercises for me to do. I joke all the time that I have a six pack under that skin!

One that she told me to do every day is: Sit in a v (legs in the air and back tilted back some.) Put your arms next to your hips and pulse them up and down. Try and hold that for 1 minute at a time.

Another is lay on your back and put your legs in the air, but bend your knees so they form a right angle. I put my hands under my butt. I think you are supposed to have to on the floor by your side, but I slide, so I keep them under my butt. While your legs STAY in that right angle, move your legs down so your feet almost touch the ground, but don't. Then just bring them up. She started me off with two reps of 15.

She also told me that the belly will go down with some time, but to just keep working on the stomach underneath. It sucks though!! Otherwise she said cardio is the key!

What are you doing now for excercise?
  • HotKanye
    HotKanye Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have a trainer who understands where the mommy tummy comes from. The crunches and hundred type exercises will actually make them worse because that pooch is due to abdominal separation. You need to do transverse exercises to eliminate the pooch. (Which I have not done yet either.)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce fat. Keep toning, but the only thing that's going to truly get rid of it is reducing your over all body fat percentage. Best of luck!
  • oneadem12
    Options
    exercise intensity. go to a group class where they will push you. If it wont come off chances are you arent pushing hard enough. You are stronger than you think and you can go harder and longer than you think. You have to break through that. If you cant get to some classes try interval training or "surge training". It will come off if you push harder and control your diet.
  • aiv87
    aiv87 Posts: 6
    Options
    I just had my baby in Sept. and am trying to keep myself going to get back to my normal self and in shape... Am going to start on the plan Couch to 5k see how it goes and hopefully it works... Good Luck :smile:
  • Sophie983
    Sophie983 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    What about Tracy Anderson - Post Pregnancy workout?
    I love it! :)
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    It takes time for your skin to tighten back up. Then it really just comes down to fat loss and clean eating.

How old is your baby? My youngest is 3 and, although I swore it wouldn't happen, I am starting to feel a bit of baby fever :)