NSV - couple of small things

I have been trying really hard for the past 16 days now to start making some changes. For years I have been a slave to food and Dr. Pepper. I cut back on the sodas to one a day (in the morning), and drink water the rest of they day. Well, for the past 2 days I haven't had ANY soda and didn't even miss it!!!

At work, my boss is a great guy. He always brings breakfast and lunch for everyone in the office, but the bad thing is, the food was slowly going to give me a heart attack! I have been bringing my own food to work and haven't been eating the artery clogging foods that the guys eat here at work anymore. This morning when I walk in, I had 2 Reeses Peanut Butter Cups sitting nicely on my desk staring me in the face. I picked them up and gave them to someone else without even the slightest urge to tear one of those suckers open like a ravenous dog.

I'm feeling so much better, sleeping better, have more energy. I didn't weight myself when I started, but I decided to weigh in this past Saturday. I will continue to do that every week now. I took Day 1 pictures and Day 15 pictures, I do see a slight difference...not much, but it's there and it's motivating me to do more and keep at it.

Replies

• neddoh
    neddoh Posts: 116 Member
    This is fantastic! The NSVs are a lot more rewarding (to me) than the scale because they usually mean your lifestyle is changing for the better! Great job!!
  • michelle225
    michelle225 Posts: 42 Member
    Great job! It sounds like your boss is really nice. Would he be willing to bring in some healthier options in addition to the stuff he usually brings?
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Sounds like you are doing great with your self control. Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!