Whats the most weight you have ever lost before giving up??

Options
Mine is 10lbs :sad: lol

Determined to keep going this time!!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Giving up is not an option! Healthy eating and portion control. :drinker:
  • ttwsweet
    Options
    I read that as 101 pounds at first! And thought... "whew... and I was gonna say FIVE!" Ha! You can do this!!!! Don't give up! What is that Lance Armstrong quote? Pain (or counting calories!) is temporary... quitting is forever!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    110 pounds :( Then depression hit and it was OVER.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I lost 68 pounds last year, and gained 20 of it back...but I didn't give up I just went on a haitus!! lol keep it up!!!
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    110 pounds :( Then depression hit and it was OVER.

how much did you gain back???
  • britneyblonde
    britneyblonde Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I read that as 101 pounds at first! And thought... "whew... and I was gonna say FIVE!" Ha!

101 i wish :laugh: :laugh:
  • Richellebeatle
    Richellebeatle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    25 lbs. and gained it all back and then some. That is why I joined MFP! I got engaged in June 2011. I want to be a pretty bride and a new healthier me!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Lost 20 pounds with giving up soda and fast food and joining a jazzercise class. Moved away and it all fell apart. Thankfully, I didn't gain it back but still. I should've NEVER stopped. >:(
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Mine is 10lbs :sad: lol

Determined to keep going this time!!

I lost 41lbs once, but I didn't give up, I had just reached my goal. (Shame I was a piggy and ate too many cakes a few months later, hence why I am dieting again lol).

Out of interest, why did you give up after 10lbs? That seems such a shame to give up when you had worked so hard to lose it that far :frown:
  • britneyblonde
    britneyblonde Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I usually diet before going on holiday then when i get there i just eat what i want!! By the time i come home iv been eating crap all week and cant be bothered with the hellish 'first week' again. Not this time tho!! 6lbs down so 5more and i'll have beaten my record lol
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    47 pounds. I lost it when I first joined here, met my bf and stopped logging. That was the beginning of the end for me.
  • christinal83
    christinal83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Lost around 48lbs 7 years ago & I was content. In the last couple of years I have gained that back and then some. This time I am going for that and more....Giving up is not an option!
  • Di3012
    Options
    I usually diet before going on holiday then when i get there i just eat what i want!! By the time i come home iv been eating crap all week and cant be bothered with the hellish 'first week' again. Not this time tho!! 6lbs down so 5more and i'll have beaten my record lol

Ahh that makes sense then!!

I know what you mean about when you "break" the diet and eat stuff you were not eating whilst slimming, done that myself too. Bloody hard work "getting back into it" sometimes, takes all my willpower! :frown:
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 lbs a few years ago. I didn't mean to give up, but somewhere along the way I lost my footing and fell apart. In the last two years I've gained back more than half of what I lost. But I'm determined to get that off and a little more, then actually MAINTAIN my healthy choices/lifestyle/weight.

Just keep your chin up! You can do it! We all can! We've got lots of chances in life, but you never know when it'll be your last chance. So make it work this time!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    70lbs... I was just tired of the routine so I took a short break and got back into it. Being mentally prepared was the hardest thing, still is sometimes.
  • Di3012
    Options
    47 pounds. I lost it when I first joined here, met my bf and stopped logging. That was the beginning of the end for me.

Fatal isn't it, not logging.

I think, when I reach my goal, I will continue to log for maintenance. Keep my eye on my greedy little habits for a start lol.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Lost about 25lbs between my senior year in HS and starting college, but it was a stick diet and pills (I know!) and gained it all back, plus about 50lbs in the next 7 years. This is not a diet for me now, it's a lifestyle change and I will be using MFP for years to come to keep weight off. :smile:
  • qkiley
    qkiley Posts: 65
    Options
    I have been on this journey on and off for a while now. With the help of MFP, I have had my best year yet.

I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that you probably aren't going to hit your goal tomorrow. Some days you are looking at your goals 6 months to a year out. Other days, it is just about getting to the gym, or not having those chips.

This is work, but it is worth the reward. Just keep thinking back to how much better you feel now that you did before. Just my two cents.
  • sunfyrejade
    sunfyrejade Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lost 80, got divorced, gained 20 and now I'm struggling to get moving down again. Luckily I haven't gained more back but I've been stalled.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I never diet, so I never have anything to give up.