Goal Outfit...

Options
Hi everyone! Question...I've recently been thinking about buying a goal outfit of some sort, about 3 sizes down from what i am now. Do you think thats a good idea? Do ppl do that these days? I thought it might be good incentive ! Thnx in advancee

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I actually have a closet full of clothes I havent' fit into for years so that is my "goal outfit...well goal closet". :laugh: I don't think it's a bad idea if it keeps your motivated, but don't spend lots of money on that outfit because your body could change shape and it might not look as good as you'd like if that makes sense. Or buy it from a store that is great on returns if that is needed in a few months! :smile:
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I have one.. Its for the bedroom!!!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Mine was originally to fit into my wedding dress, have not tried it on yet, but my other goal was to wear the same jeans I wore when I met my DH (good ol levis shrink to fit). DONE! Wearing a pair today - FEELS AWESOME, I am so glad I kept them. For me the goal clothes helped!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I actually have a closet full of clothes I havent' fit into for years so that is my "goal outfit...well goal closet". :laugh: I don't think it's a bad idea if it keeps your motivated, but don't spend lots of money on that outfit because your body could change shape and it might not look as good as you'd like if that makes sense. Or buy it from a store that is great on returns if that is needed in a few months! :smile:

Me too! I have a plus size leather skirt I'm hoping to wear to a sock hop in May. I want to go as "bad Sandy" from Grease. Sort of... At least she is the inspiration for the outfit....
  • Lobizzle
    Options
    I have one! Its a slinky black dress! I think its good to have a goal, I also have a goal closet too! But when Im working out, Im thinking about the black dress and how good I will look!! Good Luck!!
  • smithwick324
    Options
    I would like to wear a modest two piece this summer! Yes, I think we should buy our goal outfits! Great idea!
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of awesome Oakley board shorts several years ago and was disappointed when they didn't fit but loved them so much that I didn't want to send them back so I kept them and vowed to eventually fit into them! They have been my size gauge for the past year, when I put them on originally I couldn't even get the velcro to stay together and could barely tie them let alone button them. I tried them on the other day "just to see" and I could button them and tie them and everything. They are still snug but I have high hopes that they will fit great by summer!
  • peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    May be try 1 size down.
    You have to lose anywhere between 10 - 15 pounds to fit into one size less (not accurate).

3 sizes is a stretch!!! When you are down a size, may be you can go for another goal outfit :smile:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I want to look awesome in a bodycon dress & look great in a string bikini, no thanks to my stretch marks :grumble:
  • RosalindaP
    RosalindaP Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans that I bought and they never fit...I refused to take them back...I will fit them!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have roughly 42 days to get bikini ready!
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    My old faded, worn, and FABULOUSLY bumalicious Levi 501's :happy:
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have a swim suit! :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I would have an idea or picture of a goal outfit - but I wouldn't buy it just yet.

When I started losing weight I was looking forward to getting back into all my old clothes: but my shape changed so that those styles didn't really flatter me any more, and I had to work out what looked good on my new shape.
  • aparker36
    aparker36 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me some thigh high stockings a few months ago, when I hit my goal weightIi'm going to wear them for him with some sexy heels, and we'll both celebrate! :) I could wear them now, but I'd feel much more sexy and accomplished if I use them as a reward!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    LBD and heels babay!!
  • christibear
    christibear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I want to do this as well, I have my eye on a sexy, yet conservative sweater dress from Victorias Secret, size 8.
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I got a bikini, it arrives tomorrow... Goal is to look awesome in it LOL. Super excited for it to be delivered.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    My old faded, worn, and FABULOUSLY bumalicious Levi 501's :happy:
    YEP! Another person after my own heart!
  • thin150
    thin150 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I recetly bought goal outfits!! I'm currently a size 15 jeans but they feel big so I bought 13 jeans but there to tight in the waist a few couple of pounds and I will fit perfectly! Also bought size 8 shorts for my summer goal.