Lost over 70, then gained some back

Options
I am trying not to be too hard on myself. I lost 70 and was very excited. I went from a size 22 (almost 24) and 244 pounds to 170 and a size 12. I gained a few pounds back just being stressed and lacking the dedication to stick with my exercise and not monitoring my food intake. I was at about 195 a few weeks ago when I decided that this wasn't acceptable. I began watching my diet and exercising regularly. I cam back to MFP and decided that adding friends was a great way to keep me inspired and motivated. I have lost about 12 pounds in the past 2-3 weeks and am back on track. I am trying to stay positive and make this journey a happy and healthy one.

Add me as a friend if you want to keep me positive and keep me working hard to be successful!

Replies

• mezzoforteish
    Options
    Wow, that's really awesome that you were able to lose that much! I had lost about 40 pounds and kept it off for a while, but between Thanksgiving and Christmas I gained 10 pounds. So I also decided that was unacceptable and I've come back to MFP and I'm going to really try to get to my goal weight for sure!
    I added you as a friend (:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Changing__Christina
    Options
    Wow, that's really awesome that you were able to lose that much! I had lost about 40 pounds and kept it off for a while, but between Thanksgiving and Christmas I gained 10 pounds. So I also decided that was unacceptable and I've come back to MFP and I'm going to really try to get to my goal weight for sure!
    I added you as a friend (:

Thanks for adding! I look forward to keeping you in check and having you keep me in line too! :happy:
  • jmorrisof2
    jmorrisof2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me too. I gained back 10-15 over the holiday break because I was on break. But I have gotten most of it off. Tracking is so important and it makes a big difference. Can't wait to lose 50 pounds to be able to post.
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great job! I also gained some back over the last few wks of Dec...about 5 of the 20 I lost last year. Such a bummer. It's why I'm back on track and rearing to go for this year. I will do what I need to and get healthy. I've got about 50lbs + I'd like to lose.
  • AmeliaGeorge
    Options
    congrats on your weightloss..it is very frustrating!!! i have lost 140lbs and want to lose another 40lbs. i have been happy with my current size despite knowing i am not done my weightloss journey so i have slacked off. i am back into the swing of things though too!! it's a new year - means new beginnings. good luck - you can do it! :)
  • shellykinder
    shellykinder Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Love the before and after pic!! I know its hard I started watching what I ate in Jan 2010 and lost 60 lb's from Jan-June then I broke my foot in July 2010 and I too have gained 25lb's (it couldve been so much worse though because I was back to my old ways) then a friend told me about MFP and its FANTASTIC!! We are already friends on MFP keep up the great journey!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!