Goal Outfit...

Options
2»

Replies

• MC0301
    MC0301 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea. I personally have a "thinspiration bin" in my closet ... whenever I see something I really love (and at a great price) but can't fit into yet, I buy it and keep it in my bin. It's great when you get to go through it and fit into multiple outfits =)
  • valerieg78
    valerieg78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would splurge on a pair of cute jeans since that is one article of clothing that I hate shopping for!!!
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My old faded, worn, and FABULOUSLY bumalicious Levi 501's :happy:

My 501's are over 20 years old but I will get them back on!
  • searbear1980
    Options
    I had goal jeans! I fit in them now! So now I have a new pair!
  • jaimebarth
    Options
    My goal "outfit" is a certain pair of Lucky jeans. And to be able to wear a cute cami or snug fitting tee with them and not have muffin top, belly overhang, back fat or double-butt. I don't aim for a bathing suit because my darling children eliminated the possibility of me ever looking "good" in a 2-piece! I think jeans or a certain dress is a great goal outfit but be sensible about the sizing. Maybe buy it in one size bigger than your goal size, just in case. Good luck and happy shopping!:happy:
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    awesomee sugguestions!! I saw this really nice dress the other day, its totally figure flattering on someone who looks fit and what not... my husband was with me , he told me to buy it cause it was really gorgeous. He said I should use it as a goal outfit to get into. I do have a few pairs of jeans that I have tucked away in the closet that I cant get into anymore-thats a good idea!

I had no idea that 1 dress size is eqv. to 10 or so lbs! thats crazy!

I think i might have to go shopping today :):)
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I totally bought a goal outfit. It's a little purple (think dark purple/maroon) dress. I went to the store, picked it out and tried it on in the size I was then bought smaller. It hangs in my bedroom so I can see it everyday to remind me of one of the reasons I'm doing this.
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    There's this red and white dress from Ann Taylor that I wore on my honeymoon that I want to surprise my husband in. Whenever I say I need something to wear that's kinda fancy, he always suggests it. Even though it's been too small every since I had our son. :huh:

For me, there's a size 10 pair of Gap khakis that I could never bring myself to throw away. That's my motivation!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Abso-freaking-lutely! Whatever it takes to get you motivated, I'm all for it!! :)

Mine is workout outfits. I love "earning" new, cute workout clothes that motivate me to go to the gym or go for a run!
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've got a pair of jeans that I recently bought- I tried them on back in the summer and they didn't even fit. Now they're just slightly tight :)

Also want a bikini for the first time in.... Well, pretty much ever. I've had them before but always hidden under a shirt or towel any time I was out of the water, I want a no-hiding bikini.
  • TheCountryMomma
    TheCountryMomma Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think it's also a great idea. We all need that ONE (or a few) thing(s) that motivate us that we see everyday. I have a picture of myself when I was at my perfect weight hangin up in my bathroom, that way I see when I am...umm...exposed and can really feel the motivation to not think I look ugly in the mirror.
  • EmeliaFoo
    EmeliaFoo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have several vintage dresses that have been hanging in my closet for years. I have never been able to fit into them but they were too beautiful to part with. The clothes and people were much smaller then! I have them in multiple sizes and the first I am only about 10 pounds from finally being able to wear one!