sucky day! I need encouragement.

Options
I feel like bursting into tears! I realized that I've really back tracked and I don't know how to get myself back on track. I feel lost, I feel like I don't know where to start and I've messed so badly that I maybe even have the motivation to even get back on track. I started on here in Late july early august and begin my lifestyle change. I was doing really really well until late october early november. I got all the way down to 199 I was proud of myself and started to slack. I've gained back 9 pounds. As of yesterday I wighed myself at 108. I'm very angry and disappointed with myself. I honestly don't know if I can even pick myself back up and get back down and keep it up. I've become lazy and I don't know if I can step out of it. I can't even make myself log my meals in. I've been eating fast food and not caring. I need help. any advice?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Start from the beginning! Only you can do this. Don't make excuses. Clear the house of the junk and think before you reach in the market and the frig.:drinker:
  • Maya_Erin
    Options
    Start from the beginning! Only you can do this. Don't make excuses. Clear the house of the junk and think before you reach in the market and the frig.:drinker:

I thought about that.. been it's like I'm holding on to the weight I lost.. forgetting that I gained it all back. This morning I started off good eating breakfast and loging it in. Getting through the rest of the day is what bothers me.
  • MalibuBeth
    MalibuBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    log your meals, even if they are fast food. you'll see your actual intake, and you'll want to do better. plan for tomorrow by making changes today. i agree with dls06, clear the junk, and you'll get back in there.

shake it off, you got this girl! coming here and asking for help is the first step, we're here for you!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    worlds_smallest_violin.gif

Ok, now that that's done, RELAX.

Life happens, weight goes up, weight goes down. It's very unhealthy to be constantly losing weight for extended periods of time. Taking some time off to maintain, and sometimes actually put a couple pounds back on, is actually a very beneficial thing, as it can help reset your hormones and metabolism. Between May and November I lost 50 pounds, since then I've lost 2. Tht's because I'm not concentrating on the actual weight loss, I'm too busy strength training to worry about losing weight. When I'm done with this current strength program, if I need to lose more, I'll go back to trying to lose. Much healthier to go in cycles, than it is to try and stick to it constantly, for months and months and months.

In other words, stop stressing about it, just relax and do what you need to do.
  • Maya_Erin
    Options
    log your meals, even if they are fast food. you'll see your actual intake, and you'll want to do better. plan for tomorrow by making changes today. i agree with dls06, clear the junk, and you'll get back in there.

shake it off, you got this girl! coming here and asking for help is the first step, we're here for you!

Thank you.
  • Maya_Erin
    Options
    worlds_smallest_violin.gif

Ok, now that that's done, RELAX.

Life happens, weight goes up, weight goes down. It's very unhealthy to be constantly losing weight for extended periods of time. Taking some time off to maintain, and sometimes actually put a couple pounds back on, is actually a very beneficial thing, as it can help reset your hormones and metabolism. Between May and November I lost 50 pounds, since then I've lost 2. Tht's because I'm not concentrating on the actual weight loss, I'm too busy strength training to worry about losing weight. When I'm done with this current strength program, if I need to lose more, I'll go back to trying to lose. Much healthier to go in cycles, than it is to try and stick to it constantly, for months and months and months.

In other words, stop stressing about it, just relax and do what you need to do.

Thank you. I'll try that. Maybe starting over is what's best.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    We've all had our ups and downs, and very few of us have managed to have nothing but weeks of weight loss in a row. If this was easy, a site like this wouldn't exist. But you're strong - stronger the the fears and doubts that you're letting get in your way. Today is a brand new day - it will be exactly what YOU make of it.

Yesterday's gone, let it go.
  • CindyGrey
    Options
    I saw an eye opening picture on Pinterest and ever since, it's the only motivation I need to stick with this. If anyone needs motivation, just click on this and read what can/will happen if we continue to stay overweight.

http://www.eatsmartagesmart.com/body-scan-of-a-250-lbs-woman-vs-a-120-lbs-woman/