Hello All: Just Joined Today

Options
Hello All,

I just joined today.
Im currently roughly at 270 right now and my target weight is somewhere around 210.
Iv always been "the big guy," so decided that I don't want to be known for that anymore and want to improve my overall lifestyle.
I've attempted to lose weight before but I never could keep it up, and always ended up going back to my old ways.
So I'm trying to take this weight loss thing a bit more serious, thus I joined this community. The road looks tough ahead of me, but hopefully, with the help of this site and community I can keep it up.

That being said, I would like to say hi again and i look forward to looking for support/tips/tricks from y'all.

Replies

• brewermc
    brewermc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep it up. You've started now just make it a whole lifestyle change!
    I enjoyed looking at the video, 5 Things you Should Never Eat. I found it somewhere from this site! Just can't remember how I got there!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck.:heart:
  • freddy6507
    Options
    brewermc: im sure if i do some digging around I can find it, thanx
    dls06: thankyou
  • emilysuelemus
    emilysuelemus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    you can do it! You got it right it is hard work....it was easy to gain...a lot of self teaching and many tips from all our freinds on here!! my plan is mainly hing protein, vegs, fruits, high fiber, and less carbs! lots of water and exercise....that you like to do! God speed!
  • dibdobw
    dibdobw Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome and good luck! Joining MFP is the best thing that I ever did. If you want some support feel free to add me as a friend
    Debbie X
  • baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Myfitnesspal has worked well for me so far. I started at 286 three weeks ago and with a combination of eating right and exercise, I've dropped 17 lbs. THis program keeps me focused and focus is what I need.

Bob :happy:
  • desertsky1955
    desertsky1955 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck........
  • Seventoad
    Seventoad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. You've just done one of the most important steps and that is to join a community to help keep you accountable. This place is great and is a wealth of information. You are starting close to my original weight of 300. The road is tough like you said, but it is very worth it. Stay strong and disciplined and you will be glad you did. Feel free to add me if you want more support, I'm always looking for more friends. Especially with similar goals and body types.
  • freddy6507
    Options
    Thank you all for the support and extended invitations and tips
  • margie527
    Options
    Hello Freddy and Welcome !! :flowerforyou:
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Hey Freddy my name is Dani, I am from Dublin Ireland and I am new enough myself (about 3 weeks here) feel free to add me, I have about 50lbs to lose and am aiming for 2 or 3 lbs a week but will be happy if it takes longer as long as I reach my goal!

Nice to meet you, and good luck!! x
  • Superwoman79
    Superwoman79 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and best wishes on your journey!
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    Congrats for taking the steps necessary to start and switch things up a bit from attempts that weren't followed through on! I wish you much success!!!
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hey man, welcome! I know exactly how you feel about always being "the big guy". My starting weight was a bit more than yours and I'm proud to say that I've lost a little less than 70 lbs in about a year and a half. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm active on here everyday and I'll try my best to help support and motivate! Let's do this!