Praise to Peanut Butter, it's a great appetite suppresant

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I am in the U.K. so brands are different but I wasn’t going to mention them here anyway… Obviously the natural, organic PB is better. But even the one with little added sugar and salt does the job of killing the cravings.

No! No! You are on MFP! You must become an MFP clone and do as you're told. ONLY ORGANIC. ONLY PEANUTS. If you eat added sugar and salt you will DIE a horrible DEATH!

:-)

Kidding. I love peanut butter. I eat a couple servings of it a day. My favorite is Skippy Natural. I've never tasted a peanut butter better than that. I like to eat it with a little dark chocolate. And then I have this chocolate peanut butter i put in my fruit smoothies that's awesome.

I love the skippy natural with honey! It's worth the 2g extra of sugar. And omg Nutella...that stuff is dangerous!!

Nutella is hazlenut, not peanut butter. It's got some iffy ingredients, so I've never even tried it.

I use Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams. No added sugar. Just peanuts, oil, salt and cocoa. YUMMY!
  • kimberlilynn
    kimberlilynn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Started to add teh Trader Joe's Valencia Peanut Butter with roasted Flax seed to my daily oatmeal. Amazing!! I am really full and satisfied. Enjoy your peanut butter!
  • elsalily
    elsalily Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I tried a little last night after eating cos' I was still starving, and it worked just like you are saying in your post. So... that's pretty cool I guess!
  • kcc89
    kcc89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more, I do this all the time and I still can't believe how well it works. My favorite is Smuckers natural. (crunchy) I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. lol (:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Lack of peanut butter in the diet makes you grouchy.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes you can get an AMEN for peanut butter
  • lilymae04
    Options
    i LOOOVE pb on celery! crunchy is the best!
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Nutella is hazlenut, not peanut butter. It's got some iffy ingredients, so I've never even tried it.

I use Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams. No added sugar. Just peanuts, oil, salt and cocoa. YUMMY!

I've had that too. i love that too! i know nutella is hazelnuts, but it's still in the nutty+delicious family. I don't eat all organic and natural all the time, and I'm not going to act like I do. I'm working on it, but for now, I do enjoy the occasional Nutella...Oh yeahhhhh
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    i call any thing you can readily consume finger food so keep away from anything you just can eat out of jar feel free add me lets reach our goals together
    I call anything I can eat out of a jar genius. :flowerforyou:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that not all peanutbutter is created equal... I try to stick with organic peanutbutter that doesn't include lots of additional ingredients. My favorite brand is MaraNatha. So yummy! That's awesome that you've find a way to satisfy cravings!

MaraNatha dark chocolate peanut butter!!! To die for!!! My favorite treat. I get a tablespoon of peanut butter a day and i will often just eat that straight out of the jar.

I love regular peanut butter too (as I sit here eating oatmeal and peanut butter). I would prefer to eat it on it's own but it makes the oatmeal so much better.

I grew up eating peanut butter (UK in the 70s) - generally mixed with a little Marmite or Bovril in our house! I think all my family like it, but loads of people hate it. It's not so widespread as in the USA, but we've had it around for ages.

My sister thinks Marmite is the most disgusting thing ever invented. I've never tried it (neither has she).
  • rml_16
    Options

I've had that too. i love that too! i know nutella is hazelnuts, but it's still in the nutty+delicious family. I don't eat all organic and natural all the time, and I'm not going to act like I do. I'm working on it, but for now, I do enjoy the occasional Nutella...Oh yeahhhhh

I thought you were assuming I was talking about Nutella in my first post. :-)

I don't eat all organic or all clean, either. There are just certain ingredients I avoid and I read labels like it's my job. lol

From what I hear, it's probably best I don't try Nutella, anyway. I don't need that temptation! :-)
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi not sure if you've tried it but besides PB, you may also enjoy almond butter as well. It's got a little bit different tasted but for me it's equally yummy.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Almond butter is good, but just not the same.

FYI, I just ate some PB :-)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    i just tried it, its nice. Not sure about the sticking to the roof of the mouth thing but it still tastes good.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    why a heaped teaspoon for 100 cals when you can have a tablespoon for 90? def one of my fave foods of all time!!
  • Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I Love peanut butter but think i may be allergic or intollerant to it....i was so uncomfortably bloated last week and the week before with really bad stomach pains, only thing i had consistently was peanut butter. Ive cut it out for a few days and im now back to normal.

So im guessing no more for me...and it is sooooo good with Jam on a sandwich :(
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and a nice juicy apple is amazing! I just eat natural peanut butter. Just peanuts and that is it!
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    I have not had peanut butter for about 2-3 weeks :sad: DYING! Although I am easily tempted to binge on it every so often... It is just too good. I HAVE to go and get some on the ASAP!! :heart:
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Fantastic topic. Peanut butter is awesome, when you know how to eat it. :happy: It contains good (non-saturated fat, proteins, and minerals)

Beware, most regular peanut butters have a small quantity of partially hydrogenated oil to prevent separation, that means even if the nutrition facts label claims 0 grams of trans fats, they are used :)

You need to get into bio shops, what is called in fact "peanut purée", or "smashed peanut", they tend to have a slight grey color :)
    For those products, you obtain the real qualities of peanut butter :)
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I've recently started eating it it's amazing!