Advise on diary

Options
any advise on my food diary would greatly be appreciated. thanks again.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    More fresh Veggies. Less cereal.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Your carbs are insanely high. For 1200 calories a day your carbs max out around 150, and your protein and fat intake should be higher than it currently is. Eat more lean meat (or get protein from other sources if you're a vegetarian). Eat cereal OR oatmeal, but not both in the same day. And more veggies.
  • crikee15
    crikee15 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I agree with what was already said: up your protein intake and goal, lower your carb goal (default is set pretty high), add in more vegetables and healthy fats (olive oil, avocados, nuts) and definitely limit your cereal. It seems as though most of your carbs are coming from packaged foods, are you getting enough nutrients? I would also add that you should watch your sodium. Too much sodium causes water retention, and looking at your diary you've far exceeded the MFP recommendation, which in itself is higher than the ADA recommends. Good luck!
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Way too much processed sugar. Special K has little to no nutritional value; at least select a healthier cereal that has less sugar and junk. That plus eating oatmeal every day... you're just intaking a lot of sugar. You need more fresh food -- veggies and fruit. Your sodium levels are also really high because of the amount of processed food you eat.
  • vlj1008
    vlj1008 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thank you very much for all your input will implement. Thanks again.