Weighing less at night???

Options
I weigh myself every night and every morning (why? I don't know) and I always weigh about a pound less at night than I do in the morning. Is this normal?

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Interesting, I'm the opposite. I weigh less in the morning than at night. Do you use the bathroom in the morning before you weigh yourself?
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning once, after the bathroom and before coffee. Any more than that would just aggravate me.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh 2-3lb more at night..
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Interesting, I'm the opposite. I weigh less in the morning than at night. Do you use the bathroom in the morning before you weigh yourself?

Yes, me too.

Now this is interesting actually, I wonder why this is :huh:

Perhaps it is something to do with when a person exercises, or when they have their largest meal of the day...

OP do you exercise late at night, or have a large meal quite late on in the day?
  • christylooper
    Options
    Yes, I use the bathroom, so this is just strange to me. I know I should not weigh every day, and especially not twice a day, but I'm impatient.
  • christylooper
    Options
    I exercise in the morning, and I don't eat anything after 7 pm.
  • CurvyMama87
    Options
    I am the same way! I am very impatient when it comes to my weight. I have noticed that I have less at night than in the morning as well. It may only be a few ounces becuase I have a dial scale.
  • idziak04
    idziak04 Posts: 69
    Options
    I weigh 2-3 pounds more at night. I weighed myself the other night for the heck of it and about had a heart attack when it said 3 pounds more than the morning before. When I weighed myself the following morning it was back to normal.
  • terryjo623
    terryjo623 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am also the opposite. I weigh less in the morning.
  • Skye1999
    Skye1999 Posts: 29
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning as soon as I get out of bed and then again before going to bed. I have found that if I have gained 3 lbs in the evening then my weight will be the same as the previous morning, however if I weigh in in the evening and I have gained 2lb that day then I know that the next morning I will have lost 1lb. Strange but true.