People that crush your motivation

Options
wells0707
wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
I just wanted to vent real quick about someone I know. I have been really committed to working out now for almost a year. I have done different programs along the way. The one most people are interested in is Insanity. I have completed it twice and yesterday someone asked me "did it work?" I dunno why, but it really bothered me. Of course it worked, but the fact that she asked like that and maybe the fact that I see her weekly for a few years now and she never noticed a difference go to me more. Anybody ask that to you guys? Does it bother you? Maybe she thought that if you do that program you will finish looking like the people in the video. It doesn't always work that way. Grrrrr

Replies

• chottyyoung1
    chottyyoung1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That sounds like someone who is crazy jealous!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Also know that people that know little about fitness and such might NOT know what Insanity actually involves and what the visible results of that program would be. The asker may have noticed changes, but didn't really know what changes Insanity would bring about. A lot of people mistake fitness programs with names like Insanity and P90X with coming off with a crazy ripped look rather than just a very fit and toned look. These are the people that expect to look like the Bowflex guy after using the Bowflex for 30 days.

JM
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    good thoughts! It is frustrating when people assume after one round of a program that you will hit your final goal. I get it in various forms from different people. I still have a long way to go, but there have been some real positive changes. I do love the way Insanity made me feel. Even more than the weightloss was the feeling that if I can complete that program I am up for any challenge.
  • big_life_
    Options
    the fact that she beleive every single person have the same results is funny too,,,, you can have 2 diff, persons, doing same menus, and same exercises, and not same results,,,, you can tell her to take a personality class,,, there too,,,not same results for everyone,,,,,hahahahaha