A POUND A DAY.....

Options
Does anyone know how this diet works. One of my classmates was trying to explain it to me but couldnt really give me all the info on it...Maybe someone out their can help me....

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    A DAY!??? That would be crazy, 3500 calories equals one pound. I hope the name is just over exaggerating because a pound a day isn't exactly possible unless you don't eat at all and exercise a lot! I've never heard of it but I doupt anyone would be stupid enough to try and promote a pound a day of weight loss. Healthy eating and exercise is what works the best and it will help you keep it off, Good luck! :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    A DAY!??? That would be crazy, 3500 calories equals one pound. I hope the name is just over exaggerating because a pound a day isn't exactly possible unless you don't eat at all and exercise a lot! I've never heard of it but I doupt anyone would be stupid enough to try and promote a pound a day of weight loss. Healthy eating and exercise is what works the best and it will help you keep it off, Good luck! :happy:

What she said. If there was a way to do that we would all be skinny!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how this diet works. One of my classmates was trying to explain it to me but couldnt really give me all the info on it...Maybe someone out their can help me....

LOL no wonder it couldn't be explained. Your best bet to pull that off is to double your weight and then get on Biggest Loser.

Seriously, though. If it's too good to be true, it's probably the case. Don't undermine your hard work by slipping into a "fast solution" that will leave you in a worse place than you started.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Here is an article I found on one that is called the Pound a Day program. Sounds ridiculous to me.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Losing-a-Pound-a-Day-With-the-Mono-Diet---How-to-Eat-Only-One-Type-of-Food-to-Lose-Weight&id=2339184
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Read the link - nope, that's not something that's healthy. And there's no way to lose a pound a day, for goodness sake. Even the 800 pound people in the hospital on strict liquid diets barely can lose that... not possible for a normally active, overweight person.

Bottom line: it takes time to take off the pounds, doing it the wrong way will have you yo-yoing and you'll gain it back when the diet is over. Why? Because that's how our bodies are built. So if you work with your body and not against it, by that I mean eating healthy, eating enough calories to stay out of starvation mode, eating smaller meals and snacks throughout the day to up your metabolism - the fat will drop off. But slowly, because your body has to be sure that it has enough energy to let go of the fat. And no more yo-yoing because you did it the right way, and your body is not going to pack back on the pounds it lost while you were starving it.
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    1 pound a day just from eating the same food type each meal? That's so easy.
    How about I give it 2 days to see if it works since I have nothing to lose. I'll be on it next wednesday & thursday.. see if I will lose 2 lbs by friday.

Sherri, it meant you only can eat fruit, meat or starch in each meal but you can't eat all the food types in one mean.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options

What she said. If there was a way to do that we would all be skinny!

Not only skinney but unhealthy.
    Wanting to lose weight is great but the goal is to become healthier not just skinny.

The best way is to lose it slower. That way you have a better chance of keeping it off. Most people that lose quickly gain it all back and usually with some extra.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Here is my story........anyone who knows me knows I ALWAYS have a story!:laugh:

I was 30 years old, 138 pounds, working in a day care during the day, waiting tables at night...........oh did I mention I also had 3 kids?!?

I was going to a party in 2 weeks with all the kids (:wink: ) I grew up with. Of course I needed to drop 20 pounds to go to the party:happy: :grumble:

Someone gives me this 1 pound a day diet to follow. I follow it to a T. On the 1st day I am miserable, 2nd day I am pooing all day (not good with all I have to do) 3rd day I am feeling dizzy, 4th day I am down 5 pounds so no WAY I am giving up now, 5th day I am home sick from both jobs, 6th day down and out with a full blown migraine, 7th day at my doctors office (did I mention no health insurance?)

Doc looks at my quick fix 'diet' and advises me this is the diet cardiologists give to patients who are going in for surgery. It is only for 3-5 days and is to reduce the fecal matter and water retention due to the procedures that will be preformed for open heart surgery.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(btw, this 'diet' cost me approx $300 dollars in med bills and lost time from work, AND I couldnt go to the party!!)

:flowerforyou: jeannie
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options

I've never heard of this sorry.
  • mommyto2cuties
    mommyto2cuties Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh arewethereyet! What a story!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh arewethereyet! What a story!!!

I get so scared when ppl want to try these things. The bottom line is there is no quick fix. Change your diet, change your life.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • OkieGal
    OkieGal Posts: 23
    Options
    No that's crazy....however let me share something with you......I have been using the food diary on here since last Monday and sticking to my 1230 cals a day totally. Well sure it's because it is week one and I have 100lbs to lose, but I haveost a pound a day this week. Right now I am at 6lbs in 6 days and it's staying off!

But I do know it will slow down and it won't continue, but if you just stick to your food diary cals and get started here, you might lose almost as much for a couple of weeks and not be undereating or starving! I guess it depends how overweight you are too, so I say just make a start!
  • BONITATEJANA
    Options
    Im post gastric 4 years, and with a smaller stomache I can't even achive that, like they say slow and steady wins the race, I found with limiting of food u can lose about 3lbs a week, but u have to have time to treat your life as if you were on "The Biggest Loser". That is the only way I eat very limited amounts of food and work out 2 to 3 times aday(still out on Manternity, so have time to do all this). But it is hard work, if I have learned anything after my surgury is there is no easy way out..I still have to watch what I eat and still excerise(thing I wish I could have understood when I was 270). So just set yourself small goals and you will make it.:drinker:

213322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary