How big is your.....

Options
Wendi_S
Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
iTunes library?? **shaking head** Gutter rats!!!

While I was running at the park today (55 degrees January 24th in the Northeast - life is good) Sir Mix A Lot came on and I got to wondering what everyone else was listening to today..... I also listened to the Grease soundtrack- but that might fall into the most embarrassing category.

So what are you listening to today? What music is motivating you?

Also, what is the one song you're most embarrassed to admit you have? Mine is an entire album.... Clay Akins Christmas album STOP LAUGHING DAMMIT!!!

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I don't have an iTunes library, but I have over 5,000 songs on my iPod. And I copied them all from CD's I own. I probably have about 15,000 more songs to copy.

I resisted getting an iPod for the longest time. Listening to it right now in my office. Have an iPod player in my car, in my garage, on my motorcycle, in my mancave, on my patio (next to my BBQ).
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    My library has 5092 songs... I have very diverse interests, but most of my motivational songs (my Move It playlist) consists of either rock (Dope, Nine Inch Nails, White Zombie) or R&B (Flo Rida, Timbaland, Pitbull, Dazz Band).

Most embarrassing? Album - The Best of Enya. Song - Brittany Spears, Toxic.
  • fallonlaree
    Options
    At the gym today I put on the Breaking Benjamins playlist and the angry music had me pumped to take the agression out on the elipticall it was great!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    My library has 5092 songs... I have very diverse interests, but most of my motivational songs (my Move It playlist) consists of either rock (Dope, Nine Inch Nails, White Zombie) or R&B (Flo Rida, Timbaland, Pitbull, Dazz Band).

Most embarrassing? Album - The Best of Enya. Song - Brittany Spears, Toxic.

Great taste in music.....except for the Britney...smh
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options

While I was running at the park today (55 degrees January 24th in the Northeast - life is good) Sir Mix A Lot came on and I got to wondering what everyone else was listening to today..... I also listened to the Grease soundtrack- but that might fall into the most embarrassing category.

Also, what is the one song you're most embarrassed to admit you have? Mine is an entire album.... Clay Akins Christmas album STOP LAUGHING DAMMIT!!!

Hey! The Grease Soundtrack rocks! I frequently sing "Hopelessly Devoted to You" in the shower!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I have 14 songs in my iTunes library and on my iPod. It's pathetic I know but I'm a work in progress. LOL
  • bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    200 songs and I last updated my music 9 years ago. Sad I know, I just hate wasting money buying music. Hmm might be time to get a pair of those old style radio headphones and listen to the radio. That would look sweet on a treadmill.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I adore Adele 21 cd. Can't stop listening to it daily while I am driving around visiting patients. I must look like a quack as I sit at a light belting out a verse. LOL
  • kbmnurse
    Options

Hey! The Grease Soundtrack rocks! I frequently sing "Hopelessly Devoted to You" in the shower!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • kbmnurse
    Options
    LOVE THE GREASE SOUNDTRACK
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    now, methinks I need some old school Sir Mix Alot SWASS or something, that would be awesome.
    I have a lot of Britney Spears, some P!nk, Christina Aguilara, and random stuff. I do have one crazy song, not sure how it ended up on my playlist, it's Paradize Girlz "Patron" and they sing about drinking tequila and getting wasted, I love when it comes on!
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I don't have a ipod but on my android I have a w/out playlist that starts with Johnny Cash Hurt & ends 67mins later with Flower Duet from the opera Lakme. It has the Beastie Boys in there right through to Dolly Parton Letter to Heaven :)

Russ
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I have 14 songs in my iTunes library and on my iPod. It's pathetic I know but I'm a work in progress. LOL

Don't feel bad. I only have 27 songs on my mp3 player right now. All hip hop or rap. Lots of Blackeyed Peas.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of music, but NONE of it is in an iTunes library. Several GB, around 8 or 9 I think.

JM
  • espence30
    espence30 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    288...Grease by the way ROCKS!!.. my favorite is Dropkick Murphys when working out.. most embarrassig is Elvis... lol
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    iTunes is the work of the devil. What a horrible piece of software - and the whole reason I won't buy an iPod. Ever.
  • Wendi_S
    Options
    I don't have a ipod but on my android I have a w/out playlist that starts with Johnny Cash Hurt & ends 67mins later with Flower Duet from the opera Lakme. It has the Beastie Boys in there right through to Dolly Parton Letter to Heaven :)

Russ

Johnny Cash Hurt..... easily a top 10 of mine!!!!!
  • Wendi_S
    Options
    I adore Adele 21 cd. Can't stop listening to it daily while I am driving around visiting patients. I must look like a quack as I sit at a light belting out a verse. LOL

I love Adele.... and Kelley Clarkson
  • Wendi_S
    Options
    288...Grease by the way ROCKS!!.. my favorite is Dropkick Murphys when working out.. most embarrassig is Elvis... lol

Dropkick Murphy's ROCK!!!
  • Wendi_S
    Options
    iTunes is the work of the devil. What a horrible piece of software - and the whole reason I won't buy an iPod. Ever.

No No, GLITTER and SPARKLES are the work of the devil (especially when you have three daughters)..... iTunes is just the work of some money hungry animals......