How come my calorie allowence is so low?

Options
How come my calorie allowence is so low?
Ive only aimed it at 1.5lbs loss a week
Im 42
female
have 98lbs to lose
I can have 1310 a day
Bit confused as when I lose 70Lbs says will it be 900 calories a day?
Help

Replies

• DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    How many work out did you put in? My allowance is about 1600. But I put in 5 work outs a week for an hour a day.
  • MissGatekeeper
    Options
    Have you set the settings to "sedetary lifestyle"? Remember, when you work out, move around, you will gain more calories. That you can eat.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    3500 calories for every pound of fat. So you wish to lose 1.5 pounds. Therefore you need a weekly deficit from your tdee of 5,250 calories. Depending on your BMR and TDEE you are only at a 750 calorie deficit a day.

If ive done my reverse math correct- and you lead a sedentary lifestyle

BMR-1718
    Tdee (BMR x 1.2 for sedentary)- 2060
    Deficit- 750
    Daily Allowance- 1310

That is fairly accurate I believe. You also get to eat your exercise calories back... In my opinion that is quite a lot of calories to still lose 1.5 pounds a week
  • donthatethesexyme
    Options
    Not to offend you about your age but I believe that has something to-do with it too. My sis and I are just about the same weight;but she is 4 years younger than and therefore gets more calories for the day. As we age it is harder to keep the metabolism going. Don't panic! Keep logging even If you go over and tweak hear and there to get to your goal. It took. Me a few weeks to get it where I could plan ahead for my meals and stay fairly close to my calorie goal. Good luck!
  • bound4glory2
    bound4glory2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Don't worry....you will get used to it..and if/when you exercise, you get some "free" calories to enjoy. Some people choose to eat them or not, it's up to you. Check out the reply I made on your other blog and in your messages...I think it will help! :)
  • bound4glory2
    Options
    PS. I'm 45 and have 110 pounds to lose..my calorie count is only 1270.. :)
  • bound4glory2
    Options
    some of us have made our daily food diaries public, so take advantage of peeking at them...you will get some great food ideas and the calorie counts that go with them...
    sorry for all the replies, but I keep posting as I think of them! :)
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys appreciate all you time replying to me Im used to weightwatchers and lost 4 stone in 8 months and I know the calories were higher but as you say I will get used to it day 1 is alwaysthe highest xx