Heart Rate Monitors?

Options

Replies

• amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Like most others will tell you, go for a Polar. I have an FT4 and spent about $70 on it and it was so worth it! That is the most accurate way to track how many calories you burn.
  • tjalred
    tjalred Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used Fitbit? Thoughts on Bodybugg? It looks like the consensus is Polar..
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F4 and I LOVE it.

This :smile:
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used a MIO? They are more in my price range and Academy Sports has them.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    all I can say about the Polar FT4f is :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I luffs it.
  • dravenangel
    dravenangel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Got to be the FT4!! :smile:
  • Amf5627622
    Options
    Polar ft7 - worth every penny.
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4...reasonably priced, and accurate! I think you'll find most people agree!
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    Hello all! I need advice on a good heart rate monitor, and reasonably priced if possible. Also, is this the most accurate way to tell how many calories I am burning? Thanks!
    Do yourself a favor and get a Polar. Great product and they stand behind them well. I have an FT40 but you could certainly get by with an FT4 or 7. Lots of internet sites - just start searching them to find the best deal. Be careful of buying used - no warranty to 2nd owner. Some models need to be sent to factory to replace battery - don't get that kind!
  • grocha2010
    grocha2010 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Found this one (Polar FT4) on Bodytronics.com for $61.88, with free shipping. Thanks everyone, this is the one that I am going to go with. I looked at some of the more "basic" Polar brands but they didn't have the calorie counter like this one!
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT40 and it is great. A few more bells and whistles than a 4 or a 7. Look at www.polarusa.com they have a comparison chart. Determine what you do with it (what kind of exercising) before you get one. I think Polar is the way to go..... Good Luck! .... mine was about $110 from Amazon
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    The models I've seen around here require you to hold buttons in to take HR (no chest strap). Wont track calories burned that way. My wife tried one and returned it. Buttons were hard to operate - it was basically useless. Maybe they have other models, but not sure I'd trust them. Save up and get a Polar, you wont regret it.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have $20 in Amazon credit. This might be my next purchase!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I have a ventus and it not only is a HRM but a gps as well as many other things. My husband won it so I cannot speak about it's price. The jury is still out for me on whether I like it though.
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Bump, I am seriously wanting an ft4..
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Jawbone Up is not a HRM. It is a pedometer, like the FitBit. And last I heard, they had all been recalled due to battery issues.

Pam

I'm shopping, too... any thoughts on the Jawbone Up or the Nike Fuelband? My trainer recommended the Body Bugg, but I don't like the price tag on that one at ALL.
  • espence30
    espence30 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Polar FT60
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    I've been wanting one too! So thanks for posting the question and thanks to all for the input!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Is $125.00 a reasonable price for the FT4?

NO! I got mine for $63 on Amazon with free shipping.