Power 90 (P90) Workout...

Options
I'm interested in knowing if anyone has tried it and if so, would like to hear about your results. What were your eating habits? Did you lose weight? Did you see significant results in the shape of your body?

I'm going to commit to the program (exercise only - not diet program) next month after I get a few business trips behind me. Would anyone be interested in joining me to compare experiences?

Replies

• siharris04
    siharris04 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Note: This is the P90 workout and not the more intense P90X... I'm so not ready for that!:smile:
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I did Power 90 last year, and it was a really good starting point for me since I was out of shape. I lost about 25 lbs during the 90 days, and got stronger and more fit. From there I moved up to Power 90 Master Series, and then to P90X, but you can cross those bridges when you get to them. Good luck with the program!
  • RobiStephens
    Options
    I did about the same as Mike just posted. I did the Power 90 program about 3 or 4 years ago. I was not really overweight, but had not been exercising regularly for a long time. The program helped me to begin to build my endurance & strength back up. It also got me into the great habit of working out every day! I moved on to the Power 90 Master Series and some of the P90X workouts, but have not worked the whole P90X program to date. I would definitely recommend any of Tony Horton's programs. Tony rocks! Good luck and have fun :)
  • siharris04
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! :wink:
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it on Saturday - want to buddy up? :-)
  • siharris04
    Options
    I would love to buddy but I was planning on starting next month. I can just join you then...
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    fantastic! :-)
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    I've done this in the past and I enjoyed it! It definitely made me feel stronger and leaner. But then I stopped. And well, I'm ready to start it up again and I plan on using it as my icebreaker. Get me going on the working out thing again. I haven't worked out in awhile. So I want to do this for 90 days, maybe try out the master's series the other poster's were talking about and then I plan on starting the X! P90X is just too XTREME for me right now. So I'm not sure if I'm going to start next week. I might start on the 30th, I'm a Monday starter for some reason but I'm down to do it with you!
  • Stefano71
    Stefano71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I did it last year for about two months. Then I stopped for a number of reasons (got promoted at work so more to do, new baby etc). I found it effective in toning up parts of my body that had not worked in ages. There are a lot of pushups and I started having problems with my ulnar nerves: from the Power 90 forum, this seems to be a common problem. Finally, at times it can be a bit repetitive which in a way can be good so you can exercise on "automatic pilot".
    For motivation, have a look at people's transformations on YouTube.
    Best of luck with it!!
  • siharris04
    Options
    Jnbud... Let's do it! It will be fun to have some motivation along the way!:wink: