Wii Fit/Dancing

Options
Hi everyone,

I have started going to the gym, but at home I also like to do the Wii Fit and Wii dancing games. Does anyone else do those? Do you have any other suggestions?

I also have the Gold's Gym "Game" and one of the Biggest Loser ones. I am having a bit of difficulty doing some of the moves in those two because of how big I am and I am just coming off of a knee injury.

Replies

• fabulousby45
    Options
    I do the Xbox Kinect sports and I love it! I haven't gotten the nerve to try the dancing, but anything getting you moving is great!!

I also have a knee and ankle injury on the same leg, so I know what you mean!!

weight.png
  • sgm73
    sgm73 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I went on a spree after Christmas and bought Just Dance 1,2, and 3 with the intention of using them for exercise and promptly sprained my ankle before I ever received them in the mail. I am actually planning to use them for the first time tonight. I'll let you know how it goes! I also dusted off my Wii Fit this weekend and will start using it, too.
  • mysticalfaerieorb
    mysticalfaerieorb Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do the Xbox Kinect sports and I love it! I haven't gotten the nerve to try the dancing, but anything getting you moving is great!!

I also have a knee and ankle injury on the same leg, so I know what you mean!!

weight.png

I wish I had the Kinect. I hope you're feeling better. It took me about 8 months to fully recover from a torn minuscus(SP).
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I love just dance 2 and 3, so much fun
  • mysticalfaerieorb
    Options
    I went on a spree after Christmas and bought Just Dance 1,2, and 3 with the intention of using them for exercise and promptly sprained my ankle before I ever received them in the mail. I am actually planning to use them for the first time tonight. I'll let you know how it goes! I also dusted off my Wii Fit this weekend and will start using it, too.

I have all of those and I LOVE THEM. My mom and I will battle it out. She normally kicks my butt, but it's great fun. :) Hope your ankle is all better too!
  • pbear15
    pbear15 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have WII Zumba. Its fun altho I can't move like the girl does on the game. I have only done level 1 and am still working on keeping up with it. I enjoy it but would never let anyone see me doing it!
  • mysticalfaerieorb
    Options
    I love just dance 2 and 3, so much fun

I think so too! Plus it can be a family affair. I love watching my 2 year old dance and do yoga. He's a trip.
  • GoodbyeFatChick
    GoodbyeFatChick Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love Just Dance 2 and 3 the sweat version on just dance 3 definitely makes you sweat! It's awesome! My girls love to do it with me as well.. so it's a win win!

14165634.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ismatts
    ismatts Posts: 62
    Options
    The wii fit game is great for a quick workout, and and my kids do it with me and it makes it fun! You def can have sore muscles the next day from it too!!
  • espence30
    espence30 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have WII Zumba. Its fun altho I can't move like the girl does on the game. I have only done level 1 and am still working on keeping up with it. I enjoy it but would never let anyone see me doing it!

I'm with you on that.. i can't move like her but sure work up a sweat trying to keep up with her
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit 1 & 2, Wii Sports and EA Sports Active 2.
    I've just ordered Zumba 2 - I'll let you know :wink:
  • Scott_Parkinson
    Scott_Parkinson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm prone to using Wii Sports Boxing and Tennis. I'm not sure how accurate the calories burned info on here is, but it makes me feel better anyway.
  • khawkin
    khawkin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just Dance is my primary cardio workout. According to my heart rate monitor, I burn approx. 22.5 calories per song.
  • stephanielindsey
    Options
    I use my Wii Fit to exercise every day! I do the yoga, strength training, rhythm boxing, and super hula hoop.
  • Nicki1984
    Nicki1984 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Zumba and the Wii Golds Gym Dance Workout. Love them both! I am looking for some other dance workouts, might have to try the just dance ones seem alot of ppl like them. does anyone have good results with these? do they show calories burned?
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I have started going to the gym, but at home I also like to do the Wii Fit and Wii dancing games. Does anyone else do those? Do you have any other suggestions?

I also have the Gold's Gym "Game" and one of the Biggest Loser ones. I am having a bit of difficulty doing some of the moves in those two because of how big I am and I am just coming off of a knee injury.

I have the Gold's Gym Dance Workout, Just Dance 2, and Zumba for the Wii. I LOVE the Gold's Gym Dance Workout. I'm sure I'm not doing the moves correctly, but I have so much fun trying!
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I also have the Wii Fit (Plus) - i love it - i would never replace the gym with it, but it's great as in-between, or when i can't get out to the gym. I also have Jillian Michaels' Wii CD- Fitness Ultimatum, i think it's called. Within the Wii Fit, i recommend the Rhythm Boxing and if you have Wii Fit Plus, the martial arts one also. I feel those two get my heart pumping the best (besides the running ones of course - i have a jacked up ankle thanks to a fall at work so i dont do the running yet).
  • Bittersweet82
    Options
    I want to get Just Dance 2 or 3. I love dancing, it doesn't feel like exercise!
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love WII fit... :happy:
  • mysticalfaerieorb
    Options
    I have the Wii Zumba and the Wii Golds Gym Dance Workout. Love them both! I am looking for some other dance workouts, might have to try the just dance ones seem alot of ppl like them. does anyone have good results with these? do they show calories burned?

They don't show calories burned, however, you can approximate it with the Wii Fit activity log. I have never tried Zumba-what exactly is it?