Hello!

Options
Hello everyone. I have tried so many ways to lose weight but i cannot make progress in any way. I just recently tried Atkins and i loved it and stuck with it good. But unfortunately i gasined weight and inches on it!!! Needless to say i quit that. I started weight watchers today. Hopefully i can do good at this. i am tired of being a failure. :( It bums me out to know i wont lose weight fast bc we all know we like quick fixes. But like everyone says, if you lose it slow it will stay off longer. So i am also working on my patience on this journey. May God be with me and give the strength i need to get my health back.

Replies

• lorabaybai
    Options
    hey. you can do it !! ive tried sooo so many times before but really i didnt have a clue. was considering weightwatchers then found this site its abso brilliant and free!! just log down EVERYTHING u eat everything thats in your mouth lol and log all excercise wither it be cleaning the house walking anything .. i started my journey on monday (last) n as of yesterday im 5.5lbs lighter!! it really does work and if your determined youl do it itl be a breeze xxx
  • finromgen1
    Options
    Hi ya .. Im just starting today - and Im a little conused .... I put in my weight, height, how much Id like to lose, and how much exercise I usually do (3 x 60 mins workouts per week) - and it stated I need to consume only 1200 calories per day.

Do I need to keep to this calorie intake even on the days that I workout?

Please help - Thanks

Jo
  • lunaluna671
    Options
    On days that you do work out.. You do not have to follow your 1200 limit. How ever many calories you burn during your workout session is subtracted by the calories you have already consumed in your body.

-Example-
    You eat 2 slices of meat lovers pizza that is 550 calories... You work out and burn 300 calories.
    1200-550=650cals 650+300=950calories that you can still intake for that day.
  • guidnca
    guidnca Posts: 64
    Options
    Hey Strawberry...
    grew up in Monahans, so I am down with the Permian Basin.
    Write it down and be honest with yourself. Honesty is the best part and realize it is going to get uncomfortable. Howevever, as you work your program you are getting to choose the discomfort not having the discomfort come your way.

Find folks who will support. My kids are awful and just do not have the wide palate. My wife is getting around to be helpful, but it really relies upon me to say "Sugar sucks."
  • bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sugar, sodium, bad carbs, bad fat, animal protein, glucose ... they all suck. The hardest part of life is the simple act of balance! It doesn't help when those around you don't support you and make it difficult.