Making it real

Options
Hi everyone! So I am terrified to start this journey because its one that I have been putting off for a long time. I am not your typical "fat" girl and many disagree with me when I say that I feel that way, but at 190 pounds (omg, I just actually admitted that number!) I feel terrible. I am a really outgoing person and I struggle to acknowledge that my weight is climbing up again. I lost about 30 pounds three years ago and was back to "happy me" but over time it has found its way back. I am really hoping that this process can be therapeutic for me and would love to have some support as well as offer it to others. Here goes nothing....

Replies

• lorabaybai
    Options
    aww ! i was feeling the same as you a little over a week ago. this site has opened my eyes it really has its such a help !!! the people on here are so motivational. you can do anything you put your mind to xxx
  • nmck55
    nmck55 Posts: 22
    Options
    i know how you feel, im in the exact same boat as you. my sw was 189 so practically the same as yours, ive only been on MFP for 5 days and i feel like its working already. i dont know if ive lost tho, only weigh in once a week as i was weighing myself everyday and becoming obsessed, will find out on friday if i gave or not. mfp is awesome everyone is so supportive and there for you if youve got questions, if you need to rant or even for a kick up the butt! good luck! :)
  • ColleenMichele
    Options
    Thanks ladies! It is amazing how instantly comforting it can be to know that you're not in it alone.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. You can do it, but it's how much you want it. Lifestyle change is forever. :drinker:
  • hermightychelle
    hermightychelle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Friend me! I'm always looking for people to keep me pumped.Good luck and enjoy!
  • kmartel
    Options
    You're not alone.... It's difficult to keep the motivation but we will do it!!! ( Sorry for my english....isn't my primary language)
  • rubygarcia86
    rubygarcia86 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know you will find inspiration and motivation on this site, I have been on for a few weeks and i know that I feel the difference in my attitude towards making a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. It has been a bit rough because its so new but there are great people here to help you and to answer any question! Congrats on realizing than the first step is to do it for YOURSELF :D
  • joeykat16
    joeykat16 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... best of luck! YOU CAN DO IT :)