P.I.N.K method?

Options
Watching Dr. Phil and wondering if anyone has tired the P.I.N.K method.
Does it work? It is easy to lose weight on this diet?

Replies

• angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Funny...I just posted this on my wall!!! Nobody responsed!!! Hope you can get some answers!!
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options

There has been two other thread regarding the "method" within an half-hour

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/407384-p-i-n-k-method

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/407432-pink-method

It seems to be an overpriced weight loss program. It contains exercise DVDs and a nutritional guide. Both of which can be found on the internet for free. Don't waste your money.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I took a look at it and didn't see anything special. Just another workout video and nutrition guide.
    Sticking to mfp and current workouts would probably save you money and see great results
  • soapiegirl
    Options
    Watching Dr Phil show as well and she, Cynthia Pasquella, stated that she had a lot of cellulite and belly fat she got rid of just by doing her diet and so can we. Dr Phil questioned that claim but I was disappointed he didn't pursue it or ask for before/after pics of somebody or anybody! So she guarantees we can get rid of cellulite as well just she did.... hmmmm. That's a pretty big statement to make.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options

It seems to be an overpriced weight loss program. It contains exercise DVDs and a nutritional guide. Both of which can be found on the internet for free. Don't waste your money.

I agree!
  • Elpee1
    Options
    I am really annoyed with Dr. Phil after watching what turned out to be a PINK Method infomercial yesterday. I'm always amazed at how easy it is to get people to jump on a bandwagon just by talking about how great something is on a nationally syndicated show. HELLO people - this is an $80 workout DVD set and a black rubber bracelet! Any diet plan will work if you stick with it and this one doesn't look any better than any of the others.

If Dr. Phil was really interested in helping people lose weight what he COULD have done is get a nutritionist & personal trainer to come up with a plan and post it on his website FOR FREE. I wonder how much of a cut he's getting from these people. PINK Method puhleez...more like the GREEN Method!
  • marianne0821
    marianne0821 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im with you on that! another fad!
  • mab0921
    Options
    i tried the P.I.N.K method and it did not work for me. It was too restrictive and I was starving all the time. I also did not find the workouts to be that challenging and I am not in the greatest shape. If I have learned anything witth this diet is that there is not replacement for a healthy diet and exercise. You have to just change your lifestyle if you want to lose weight.
  • Kclayne00
    Options
    I'm currently on the PINK Method right now with my friend who purchased the program. I didn't find it that hard to stick to the reset phase, because there's LOTS of foods you can eat. I did have a headache for the first few days, but I'm sure it was my body freaking out because I wasn't eating a lot of sugar. I was never hungry, because it says to eat as many raw veggies as you want thoughout the day. During the reset phase, I lost 9.8 lbs (2 weeks), and am now onto Phase 1.

The workouts are actually pretty tough, but I had knee surgery less than a year ago, so that has something to do with it. At the end of the first workout, I was sweating and it had my heart racing! It is pretty fast paced, but it's also only 35 minutes. WAY less time than I'd spend at the gym, staring at the equipment!

Overall, it's a good program for me, because I'm too busy/lazy to look for all the information the book has.
  • MirelaH
    MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    There are cheaper programs out there. I'm doing Supreme 90 which costs only $20 at Walmart and you can find it for $10 at some Bed, Bath & Beyond stores. There is also a program called The Butt Bible. I will be doing this after Supreme 90!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I started on it last week. Now, in the past I lost over 70 pounds by simply using mfp, but after having a baby I put a lot back on, and have not had luck with just calorie counting. My sister gave me the method package, she's done the method as well (she lost 50 lbs in 6 months and has kept it off for a year now). I have not yet begun the workouts included with the package,im still in phase 1. Phase 1 is a restrictive diet but it is very short term. So far it's really working for me, I've lost 6 lbs in 5 days. I realize that is most likely water weight, but I feel energized and am never hungry.

In all honesty, I don't think I'd pay 80$ for it, but it was free so worth a try.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

^^ This