Curves??

Options
2»

Replies

• frycase
    frycase Posts: 43
    Options
    Being FOR choice is not being AGAINST life. These so called pro-life groups should call themselfs what they are anti-abortion.

:drinker: Win.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I tried curves many years ago. Found that the routine there was not enough for me. It might have worked but it was such a 'social event' for everyone else there I got tired of waiting for machines while ladies leisurely went through their paces and chatted the whole time. I did not go there to learn what the whole town was doing. If you are not familiar with exercise, or are only able to do light work outs it is a great starting place.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Being FOR choice is not being AGAINST life. These so called pro-life groups should call themselfs what they are anti-abortion.

:drinker: Win.

Nobody wins with abortion.

And that really was my whole point~~ who would be against life? That was the question. Thanks for pointing that out again. Not joining Curves because it was pro-life is just like being against life. See how rediculous that sounds?
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options

THIS! Before the thread gets cancelled. No choice = a form of slavery in my book.
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I was a Curves member almost a decade ago (I didn't know about their politics and wouldn't have cared. I have my pro-choice beliefs, the owners of Cruves can have their pro-life ones). I lost 40 pounds and it was a positive, supportive environment. The fact I gained it all back a few years later had nothing to do with them, but with me.:ohwell:

At the time, the thought of a gym was intimidating to me, and so was the thought of a co-ed environment. So it was a great place to workout and although it's not for me at this point in time, I would recommend it to anyone!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    16. No Political Topics in the Main Forums

Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal

Thank You,
    Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator
  • katt0628
    katt0628 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks Arewethereyet. I was just wondering about Curves. I didn't know it was going to cause this many issues.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks Arewethereyet. I was just wondering about Curves. I didn't know it was going to cause this many issues.

Never know when things will get off track!

As for Curves. I loved it when I first started. I went for a few weeks, but got bored kinda fast.

Some of the ladies had been there for years and looked pretty good. Lots of weight lost, and friendships made.

I think it is an excellent concept