Whole Food Diet

Options
I have been hearing all the benefits to having a whole food lifestyle. I have a heart condition called inappropriate sinus tachycardia, and have done research and found that it can significantly improve my condition.

is any of you on a whole food diet? What does your days look like? how do you shop? did you just jump right in or start slowly putting them into your diet?

I don't know much about it and just wondering peoples opinions/experience with it.

Thanks!

Replies

• OlibecaMom
    Options
    I'm certainly no expert - but I've been researching Paleo/Primal eating habits and found there is a group on MFP. This may be a great group for your to get involved with. I'd put a link here but frankly I don't know how. I have two auto immune disorders so I've been exploring as well. Best of luck to you.
  • Rogue9613
    Options
    I've been eating whole foods for over a year now, and it really does make a difference. I feel so much better, and couldn't be happier that I decided to make the change.
    It'll probably take about a week or two to ween yourself off of processed foods and sugar. It was pretty hard for me. When I went grocery shopping, first I'd pick out all the fruits/veggies and whole grains, etc that I already knew I liked, then added a few things I wasn't sure about but wanted to try. I did this every time I went, making sure to get plenty of variety and all the necessary protein/fats/fiber and nutrients. It takes a while to get everything worked out and balanced, but your palate changes with time and you learn to like new and healthier things.
    My current diet is about 50% vegetables, and then equal parts fruits, nuts, healthy oils (hemp, sunflower, olive), and also hemp protein powder, which is also high in fiber and omega 3s and 6s. I only eat meat once or twice a week.
    I try to be creative so I don't get bored- mixing up the vegetable dishes between salads, saute's, and baking.

I hope this helps, and wish you the best of luck :)