A little Victory.

Options
I started this a week ago and have lost 5 pounds. While that is exciting, that's not the victory I want to share.
I am a stay at home mom of a four year old boy. In the past, he would watch tv while I cleaned the house and a more often than I would like to admit, I would be sitting with him watching tv. :blushing:
We own a Wii along with the Fit and EA Active games, which, in the past, my son, my husband and myself would use... sparingly. :ohwell:
Since my husband and I have implemented this lifestyle change, we've been using both games a lot more.
My son no longer asks to watch TV any more. He asks to exercise!! I give him the remote, he plays on the FIT and I do housecleaning. When I take a break from my cleaning it's because the boy wants me to do an exercise with him. He actually ASKS for water in between games on the Wii.

I pray this trend continues. I know that is mostly on my husband and myself as our son will see us doing this and want to keep up with us... I'm praying that he WANTS to keep up with his parents.

Best of luck to you all, :drinker:

Replies

• SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!

My 7yo daughter got Just Dance 3 for the Wii for Christmas. Its great fun (and great exercise) - my 3.5yo son also enjoys many of the song/dances! At least 2-4x per week we have a dance party before bath time. Great for the family! :)
  • cathynicolette
    cathynicolette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've actually been wanting just dance. I played at a friends' house and loved it!
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    MountainMamaMarissa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    That is a great victory! Good for you guys!
  • Indygirl6
    Options
    Hooray! Your good habits are rubbing off on your son! Keep up the great work!
  • joyzy
    joyzy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's great!

I have three daughters, ages 5, 3, and 1 and it's so important for me that they're learning healthy habits from me now instead of unhealthy. They're learning smart food choices and it's a good thing they loooooove going to the Y childcare space with me too!
  • jeniferjune
    jeniferjune Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I just recently started again...love the app very much. I also have Just Dance & Zumba for the wii...what I am wanting to know is if you "eat" the extra calories it puts back into your Calories for the day? Ive been doing cardio and its been adding it to my Calories to eat...So I am confused. Im trying to burn off what I am eating. So if you can tell me what your doing as far as that goes, I'd sure appreciate it. !! Thanks!! :smile:
  • cathynicolette
    cathynicolette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I"m told you do eat your calories back. I am and losing weight. I was confused about this too at first. say your body needs 1800 cal to just do your normal day then MFP will alot you 1200 calories. An automatic decrease of 500. So if you burn 600 calories exercising then you are really only getting 600 calories for your body to do normal every day things like breath and pump your heart. Thats not enough.

I rarely get mine right on the mark, sometimes I'm only off by 50 or 60 and sometimes I'm off by 200 or so. Sometimes over, sometimes under.

I hope this helps and feel free to add me.

:drinker:
  • jeniferjune
    jeniferjune Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    YES...it does help! Thank you for the help all!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I love to see my kids sweat from playing with the xbox and wii!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!