What foods can I eat to satisy my appetite and calorie goal?

Options
2»

Replies

• albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Salad, with a light dressing, you can eat buckets of it and stay in your calories...........toss some chicken on there........protein is your friend
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Here's a filling breakfast:

fruit smoothie with 1/2 each of frozen raspberries, nonfat yogurt, and Trop50 apple juice. (Use 1 c. of each if you want two servings)

or, 1 c. blueberries, one banana and 1/2 cup of pineapple juice. It's very filling.

With the smoothie, I also eat a light multigrain English muffin with a little cheese and a poached egg.

It's a big breakfast but eas and keeps me full for a long time.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If you find yourself being hungry a lot you may need to increase your calories.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Increase your protein and maybe your fat.
    Eat fibrous veggies like broccoli.
  • gigigirl003
    gigigirl003 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    some of those high protein bars like atkins can be really filling and low calorie. Another trick aside from eating protein snacks like almond or bars, drinking a lot of water helps. Your brain has a hard time deciphering hunger from thirst if you're dehydrated.

Ah yes I seem to not be getting enough water lately. It fills me up so quickly, than I'm afraid I'm not eating right or enough.

I'm not the best at keeping up with my water intake, especially in cold weather, but I find I drink more if I use a water bottle or covered cup with a straw. I seem to sip more frequently and constantly. The larger the water bottle, the better so you don't have to go for too many refills. Like if you get a good 32 oz Big Gulp cup (don't) from a convenience store, you'll only need to fill it twice each day (AM before school/work and mid-afternoon/early evening)--something about sipping from the straw makes it more mindless.
  • Seamoan87
    Seamoan87 Posts: 106
    Options
    This might sound like a silly question but what qualifies as lean meat?
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Fiber fiber fiber. I think I'm convinced that is the only reason I'm not starving to death.

I eat an apple & pb for breakfast, lunch is soup with beans / lentils, and dinner has a salad with... beans / lentils. I usually have some form of protein ( canned tuna, chicken breast, etc ) and that really helps.

And wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more water.