rest days??

Options
does anyone out there take off days completely from exercise?

i have been working out 7 days/wk but am finding myself soooooooooooo tired & wornout....i get enough sleep & calories...so i'm thinking its related to overdoing the exercise & not giving my body time to recover...:yawn:

what do you do/recommend? can i still do yardwork/household chores/short walks on my rest days?

Replies

• ellybaby
    ellybaby Posts: 12
    Options
    I give myself 1 day off a week. Usually it's mid-week since that's when I'm the busiest.

173293.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

i have been working out 7 days/wk but am finding myself soooooooooooo tired & wornout....i get enough sleep & calories...so i'm thinking its related to overdoing the exercise & not giving my body time to recover...:yawn:

what do you do/recommend? can i still do yardwork/household chores/short walks on my rest days?

being sooooooooo tired and wornout MIGHT be overdoing it on the exercise but could also be your food choices....the quality of your calories is as important or more important as the number of calories...eating stuff because it is low calorie could be robbing your body of energy giving fuel

you could be low iron blood....if the tired wornout thing contiues after you make sure your food is good you might want to get a check up

the housework, chores, walks etc are fine on rest days......you should rest some if you are really hitting it on the exercise days
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should take a rest day, let your body recover and heal. Maybe some stretching or a short walk, but nothing heavy duty. Your body will thank you for it.
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! Don't over do it or what good will it do if you are exhausted all the time? All things in moderation right? Try to mix up your routine some. Go lighter 2 days a week i.e. T & Th and then M-W & F keep your regular exercise routine. Give yourself a break on the weekends. Just a suggestion. Try a few different things and find out what works best for you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    I always take at least 1 full day off from exercising a week. Even when I started my journey, I had a tendency to over do things. I was working out 1-2 times a day- 7 days a week. My trainer told me I needed to take 1 full day off to let my body rest. It did help me to recover for the next week.
    Good luck.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    I always take at least 1 full day off from exercising a week. Even when I started my journey, I had a tendency to over do things. I was working out 1-2 times a day- 7 days a week. My trainer told me I needed to take 1 full day off to let my body rest. It did help me to recover for the next week.
    Good luck.

I would SO listen to SG!!! She has completely transformed her body with exercise
  • Jfowro
    Jfowro Posts: 6
    Options
    Yes, take a rest day. When you're muscles are fatigued, you are more likely to have poor form when exercising which can lead to injury. For me it's hard to not have those exercise calories but I usually have a much better workout the next day.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

being sooooooooo tired and wornout MIGHT be overdoing it on the exercise but could also be your food choices....the quality of your calories is as important or more important as the number of calories...eating stuff because it is low calorie could be robbing your body of energy giving fuel

you could be low iron blood....if the tired wornout thing contiues after you make sure your food is good you might want to get a check up

the housework, chores, walks etc are fine on rest days......you should rest some if you are really hitting it on the exercise days

I have to agree! It may not be the exercise but the fuel you are using to do it with!

I only take a day off if I am feeling tired, other than that I take a walk after dinner on my "rest day" that is anywhere from 2-4 miles. Just makes me feel better.