Advice on HRM

Options
I am looking at heart rate monitors and I am needing advice on what to get. I was given for Christmas a $50 gift card to Best Buy, so anything from there that's under $50 with a recommendation would be fantastic. I just want something to help count my calories burned and there aren't that many that list that. So if anyone knows of one, it would be fantastic!

Replies

• skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Well I have a Polar F4 or something like that. It was a bit higher in cost than that but you could look on Ebay. I like it a lot. Oh, sorry I guess you have to go to Best Buy huh?
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    If you want the best accuracy for calories burned you need to get a monitor that uses a chest strap for constant readings. The Polar FT4 seems to be the most popular entry level one, but it's more than $50. You can find it online for $60, but I see BB has it at full retail of $90.

Can you try selling your BB card and putting the proceeds toward a good monitor? Penn Cycle sells the FT4 for $60. http://penncycle.com/product/polar-ft4-female-70332-1.htm
  • BuffyKicksButt
    Options
    I would spend the extra and get a Polar they are the most accurate - you don't want to waste your money.
  • BArdovino78
    Options
    Get the Polar FT4 you'll have to throw in another $40, but it's so worth it. I bought mine at Best Buy because I was too impatient to order off Amazon for much less, but I'd have to wait for it to come in the mail.