Clean Eating Diet

Options
I've been trying to get more information to read about Clean Eating and all I can find is Tosca Reno's books.
Anybody doing Clean eating, I want to know what does entails.
What will I have to give up and what should I been eating,
Please let me know to see if I can start making small changes with the whole family.
Thank you.

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    It's basically eating all lean and non-processed foods. Whole grain breads, lean meats, veggies, fruits, brown rice, natural peanut/nut butters etc. It's about not eating processed foods.
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    So is basicly similar to the Paleo diet...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    So is basicly similar to the Paleo diet...

Paleo diet does not include grains, if I am not mistaken. Tosco Reno's "clean eating" and other idea of cleaning eating I have seen includes whole grains.

Clean eating does not have a defined meaning. Many people interpret it their own way. Some see it as eating whole, unprocessed foods. What qualifies as unprocessed can vary. Some qualify it as only natural ingredients, which could be "processed" food, like yogurt or granola bars and stuff. Some feel the food must be organic. Some, like Paleo, it excludes certain types of food.
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    More clear now,
    Thank you.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
  • bodyrocks365
    Options
    I'm doing this diet right now. I'm letting my body get used to the whole foods and mostly unprocessed so I'm not counting calories yet. I'm basically detoxing from processed food and getting used to more fruit veggies and fiber. I started it Sunday and I've lost a few since then. My nails are growing faster. Energy levels are more constant- not too high or low. Energy for me is tough to measure right now because I have a crazy work schedule throwing off my sleep (nights, evenings). But it seems to be working.
    My shape is changing, I'm not sure I like it but if it makes me feel better I can live with it. I'm losing but not in great places right now, maybe I will start to. I had this crazy impression the diet would turn me into a lean sculpted athletic looking person. Better get back on those weight machines lol.
  • bodyrocks365
    Options
    And for the OP, a good rule of thumb is if it has more than 5 ingredients it's too processed. Stay away from quick and easy already prepared foods and most snack items. What I do is I mix everything I want to eat instead of buying things pre mixed. Like eating oatmeal with berries instead of buying instant flavored. Plain foods is always a good option- peanut butter made from just nuts, plain yogurt, plain dried fruit (no sugar), eggs, etc. I would choose barley over pasta and 100% whole wheat bread over wheat bread. Good luck if you want to try it!
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    i eat a clean high raw food diet and i love it! check out detox for women by natalia rose. I also don't eat meat. only fish on occasion
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Checkout Dr. Fuhrman Eat to Live books. I myself do not eat processed foods. Counting calories and maintaining 1200 a day since January and I read this book ,started 1/25 and I'm down 5 lbs in a week and I'm not hungry.
  • CindyBretta
    Options
    I have been trying to eat more "clean," but some days do better than others. At this point, I don't know if I would ever really want to give up all processed foods, but am trying to at least lower the percentage of processed foods I consume.