TO THOSE OF YOU LOOSING WEIGHT

Options
How are you doing it???? any suggestions greatly appreciated .. Also how slow is your weight coming off???

Replies

• alighanavi
    alighanavi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm just watching my calorie intake . staying withing the recommended daily amount , drinking more water than i used to and also eliminating anything that was junk food and unhealthy also no sodas at all. i haven't done exercise but have lost 4 to 5 pounds so far just by changing my diet.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Eat sensibly and don't make the scale the end all be all. Also, lose*.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit, but not too big of a deficit.
  • undertheseax3
    Options
    The more overweight you are, the easier it comes off at first. I am eating more fruits and veggies than anything else and small snacks instead of huge meals. I also drink mostly water. A little coffee or a small iced tea juice box if I need the pick me up!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Just watching my calories, walking and cycling lots so far. Considering brining Kinect back in soon because I miss being a smaller dress size like I was last time I used it.

I still drink diet soda daily, and I've not stopped eating junk food entirely, I just make sure I eat any junk in moderation and keep an eye on calories, fat and sodium levels. I make active choices, rather than eating passively. I've set MFP to lose me 2lbs per week - last weigh-in I'd lost 2lbs but I didn't join that long ago and for the first few weeks very little happened, so we'll see if the trend of 2lbs per week continues.

Oh, and I eat to goal, or very close to it. I eat back my exercise calories.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I started last Monday and yesterday I was down 5.4lbs. Staying under calories, drinking water and exercising! Zumba once, sometimes twice a day and 30 Day Shred!
  • pogojr
    pogojr Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm staying within my count. Watching my portions. Adding more fruits. Less random snacking. Haven't added exercise yet. One thing at a time!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I use Nikes.
  • littlegauge
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds in the last year, 15 of them in the last 3 months. Tracking what I eat has helped me alot. I drink MUCH more water and I also began eating in the morning. Well I call it eating but I make a visalus shake every morning and drink it on my way to work, I find it has boosted my metabolism and gets my body working faster. I also do not eat after 7 - 8 pm if possible. I exercise 3-4 times a week. It's really all about healthy choices, don't deprive yourself but do not go over board. Get your sleep at night and eat within the first hour of waking :)
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I struggled with weightloss most my adult life- tried most every diet Atkins, WW, etc . .

I joined a gym and for a year lost and gained the same 5lbs until I met my trainer,
    who while under his wing, lost 30+ pounds in 6 months. Not only was his training and
    support key, but his advise when it came to food really helped!!

Keep you calories in check, and what made that part MUCH easier for me, per my trainer:
    -eat MORE protein (lean meats, egg beaters, greek yogurt, lowfat cottage cheese)
    -swap out complex carbs for simple ones (whole wheat varieties, sugar free options)
    -dont eat carbs after 3pm

It was a struggle at first to eat dinner with no starch, but I did find that I really wasnt that hungry
    AND all of my cravings went bye bye, making it easier to stay on track with my calories.

Good luck to you! You can do it too!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Portion control :)
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    How are you doing it???? any suggestions greatly appreciated .. Also how slow is your weight coming off???
    This is a pretty loaded question. Let me ask you instead:
    What are YOU doing to lose weight? Do you feel that your excess weight is coming off slowly?
    Is there anything specific that you want to know more about?

But to answer your question, I also use Nikes. I also do and don't eat back my exercise calories. I also do and do not have cheat days. I also track every single calorie that I consume.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I stay within the calorie goal MFP has for me 95% of the time. I exercise, on average, 4 days a week burning around 450 calories and I eat most, if not all, of my exercise calories back. I rarely drink soda, and typically only drink water and my morning coffee. I eat healthy snacks like Greek yogurt, sea salt almonds, string cheese, fresh fruit or veggies every 3 hours. Down 18lbs in 2.5 months and I'm happy with the rate I'm going. :smile:
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I lost it all doing Insanity, drinking a lot of water...and not completely giving up my favorite things, but limiting them. For months I was still eating chocolate and having wine every day, but I was still within my caloric limit.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I wrote out everything I'm doing in my success story update post.. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/458512-5-months-100-pounds-how-i-am-an-achieving-my-goals

I post my diet, supplements, exercise, and etc. I've lost just over 100 pounds in 160 days.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I use Nikes.

That made me properly s******.
  • snaggly
    snaggly Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I had about 25Ibs to lose and am halfway to goal after losing 12lbs pretty quickly (started first week of Jan). Like the PPs, counting cals, increasing proteins and cutting down carbs were the key factors which worked for me. Just starting to incorporate light exercise into my routine now.

I did stray occasionally and did binge a couple of days but doing it with friends (whether via the forum or in real life) definitely helps keep you in check!
  • niightwind
    Options
    Watching my calories. I haven't done a whole lot of working out but I'm trying to get into it; I do a lot of dancing but I don't count it in my exercise log. I stick to around 1250-1400 calories per day. Good luck. c:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I eat at no more than a 500 calorie deficit, lift weights, get adequate protein and fat, and sometimes cardio if I feel like it. I lose steadily and consistently
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Eat less, exercise and follow the MFP 1lb per week guidelines.

In general I do 90 minutes of cardio with 30 minutes of resistance 6 days a week.
    I rest resistance Tuesday and cardio every 10 days or so.
    My resistance is lower weights but high reps, then heavy every 3rd workout.
    And I split my body into 3 muscle groups:
    1. Legs
    2. Chest- triceps - shoulders
    3. Arms - back
    I do a lot of weird things for cardio like military march, boxing type training,
    dancing, floor rolls, squat thrust intervals and the good ole jumping jack.
    And I jog, swim, play tennis, fast walk and bike.

Lost 70lbs and nearly 20% body fat - it works for me.

Diet
    I increased calories to almost 3000 to account for my activity level, exercises and other variables, and I thought NO WAY! I was eating less than half that....
    Out of the 70 lb total weight loss, half of that resulted from a higher calorie diet but slightly restricted with enough of a deficit to reflect a 1lb weekly weight loss.

It worked!

And today I have less than 10 lbs to go, eating around 3000 daily [except on rest days, losing 1 lb each week like clockwork.
    If your input is right, all will be well.