Water is becoming boring?! What should I add to it??

Options
2»

Replies

• OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Diet Hansens, Add slice of lemon to water...
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I heard on another thread that if you add anything to water, it's no longer water! *ducks*
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Great Value Drink Mix. I like Peach Mango Green Tea, Fruit Punch and Grapes.
  • Marebare74
    Options
    I've actually tried the cucumbers and it is good. Best to let it set up for a little bit to get the flavor. You can also do sliced strawberries or other kinds of fruit.
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Just squeeze in some fresh fruit -- no artificial sweeteners, just all natural goodness :)
  • Elona_30
    Options
    crystal light is a really good one and so in lemon or lime juice:happy:
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I heat my water and put coffee in it, with sweeteners. It's awesome, and still hydrates me! :D
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I heat my water and put coffee in it, with sweeteners. It's awesome, and still hydrates me! :D
    I do the exact same (except I use real coffee, not instant) :tongue:
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Crystal light has little to no calories – but if you want to stay natural I use these things sometimes.

There is always lemon water – but a lot of ppl don’t like that.

I keep a pitcher in my fridge and add all kinds of things, it only takes a few hours to gain some flavor.

You can cut up an orange and put in.

Lemons & Limes

Cucumber is really refreshing.

I also use Stevia w/ my lemon water – it’s like lemonade!!!!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I do the exact same (except I use real coffee, not instant) :tongue:

pffttt, real coffee is overrated. Real coffee dehydrates you, fake coffee doesn't. What? What do you mean "where's my proof"? Proof is overrated too, so it seems. :P
  • cynhip
    cynhip Posts: 33
    Options
    Umm, tea??
  • MelBee29
    Options
    cucumber in water is very refreshing i actually like it alot !
  • RoanRider420
    Options
    I use the True Citrus products. They're 100% cold pressed, granulated fruit juices, orange, lemon, lime or grapefruit. I use them by themselves or you can add Splenda for a sweeter drink. They're really good! I order them online but if you live in a decent sized city you can probably find them in the grocery store. Just Goggle the name for their website.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Then it can still count towards your water intake. :laugh: Sorry, I couldn't resist.

No, but seriously, I love to put strawberry slices and lime in mine.
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I heard on another thread that if you add anything to water, it's no longer water! *ducks*

YIKES!!!!!

This sounds kind of like my diet plan (17DD) except that isn't what it actually says - or at least I hope not, or else I'm in big trouble!!!!! :)

The 17DD - requires that you drink at least 8 glasses of *just* water - and says things like coffee, tea, diet soda's or vitamin waters (with added sugar/sweetener) don't count or count as negative water.

*negative water* I like that as much as *crunchy water* :)
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I live off the crystal light packages (I actually buy the target brand ones - they have a margarita one that just tastes like lime). I do find them too strong though, and use 1 package per 32 ounces of water (I think they recommend 1 per 16 ounces).

Any citrus is good too, although I have to juice it to fit in my Sigg. I think meyer lemon or sour oranges are nice compared to standard lemon (a bit sweeter).

I've also done cucumber, but when I do I add a bit of mint or basil - something about the straight cucumber hits me weird, so the little herb is nice.

If you have a brita pitcher, you can also put the flavorings in the top of the tank; as the water filters, it will get the flavor.
  • fuzzybear123
    fuzzybear123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Reallemon or lime juice with a shot of liquid stevia.... tastes like lemonad
  • Tasha_Star
    Options
    Fill a jug at the beginning of the day with one of the following (sliced fruits/veg/herbs) or any of your own concoctions/combinations of the following:

-cucumber/melon
    -cucumber/lemon
    -lemon
    -orange
    -raspberries
    -melon
    -pineapple

The longer it sits the more flavorful, and you dont get a ton of calories as you are not eating the fruit, just getting some of the nutrients absorbed in the water!
  • bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Why not eat the fruit?
  • crewsicka
    crewsicka Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ice tea flavored vodka.