Tried every diet know to man!!

Options
Hi! I'm a myfitnesspal newbie and desperately need friends for support and motivation. I've probably tried every diet known to man and just can't seem to stick with anything. I hope this won't be another failure for me. My co-worker loves the site. Hopefully I will too!

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Your days of dieting are over.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    First mistake is you were on a diet. Make a choice to change your life. That will be forever.:flowerforyou:
  • nytdreamer80
    nytdreamer80 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Goood Luck!!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you need support
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi!

This site is more about lifestyle changes rather than temporary diets, that is what works. Don't try to shortcut and you will succeed. And above all be patient, my best advice =)

Welcome.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a myfitnesspal newbie and desperately need friends for support and motivation. I've probably tried every diet known to man and just can't seem to stick with anything. I hope this won't be another failure for me. My co-worker loves the site. Hopefully I will too!

Have you tried spiking? (Body for life, Spike Diet, Spike84, etc.etc.) I find spiking works great with MFP. Spiking is a lifestyle as well vs a diet. It's a way of eating vs dieting. Whatever you do, if you stick with MFP and are truthful with your logs, you will lose weight and get the support you need!
  • cassblue21
    Options
    Welcome to this site! It is spectacular and full of wonderful ideas, tips, and support! Life changing.
  • buglady0
    buglady0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI! I just signed up a week and a half ago and so far it's been great! Why are you having trouble sticking to a plan? Boredom? Snack attack? Don't like the food plan? It will help to know WHERE your plans/diets fail for you before you can discover what will work.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    we don't diet. We eat properly and exercise. Lose the "diet mentality" and you will succeed! Welcome.
  • buglady0
    buglady0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First mistake is you were on a diet. Make a choice to change your life. That will be forever.:flowerforyou:

She's right. You have to look at a long term change vs. a quick fix. Otherwise the weight comes right back.
  • littlebeans
    littlebeans Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I';ve come to realize diets just don't work. Diets means depriving and restricting which for me always leads to failure. So far in the past 30 days I have eaten everything I ate before I started. That includes raw veggies to beer to birthday cake. But this time around I'm just aware of what I'm eating, what portion sizes are, and what I'm allowed for the day as a whole. Seriously, who knew being able to eat anything in reason would be more successful than a diet? I wish I knew this years ago! Welcome! :-)
  • jmmbrent
    jmmbrent Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can relate-- I can honesty say that this ap- system is great-- I would loose lots of weight quickly-- then gain it back-- Here it is easy to track what you eat, how you exercise and there are lots of encouraging people to help you out. THis is the first time that I feel I can loose slowly and keep it off.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you would like! I'm a good cheerleader!
  • ret1rement
    Options
    This is the best site ever - I have tried everything but loooooooooooove this site - lost 60lbs so far and I am at my goal weight of 125lbs and 60 years old = go for it its great and no dieting!!!!!!!!!!!
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    diet no more.....this wont be a failure....it's all on you and not what someone else is telling you to eat.....i read this from one of my MFP pals....theres no bad food, just bad portion sizes......be sure to log EVERYTHING you put in your mouth and your workouts....don't lie to youself and "forget" to log the high calorie foods you eat....before you know it....you will believe in this as well as yourself....checkout the success stories as well....they will motivate you like you won't believe.....
    good luck.....
  • galebran
    Options
    Welcome!! I live in Ponca City OK and started using thins sight a couple of weeks ago because it has a good app for my phone and I have also tried them all...including prescription diet pills.

I have learned that if I write down EVERY thing I put in my mouth and keep a running calorie count I do my best and this app does that for me......AND dont expect to lose more than 2 lbs a week and you wont get discouraged. It may only be 3 this week and 1 the next (that is what I did these last 2 weeks). Or skip a week and lose 3 or 4. Just hang in there.

Good Luck!
    Gale :smile:
  • LiveEnjoyEndure
    LiveEnjoyEndure Posts: 98 Member
    Options

^^^^ look to lose bad habits and the weight will follow!
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of love on this site! It's so motivating to see what others are doing, know that you can get an answer to any question, get great moral support and it really makes you want to make this a lifestyle. It's all about balance and doing what works for you not what somebody else tells you to do (although if you need guidance you'll find it here).
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I've probably tried every diet known to man and just can't seem to stick with anything.

Yea Me too and that is why I quit dieting and am slowly changing my life, you can too. Amazing how it changes everything when you write down or log everything you eat, you think twice about it. For the first time I feel I am on my way as well.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options

GET OUT OF THE DIET MENTALITY ! Ok sorry for the caps but I had to say that. You are NOT the failure- the fad diets are the failure! They set people up for "failure" because of the diet mentality.
    DIETS that are restrictive do NOT work because they are meant to be temporary.
    What does work? a healthy lifestyle- eat 80 percent clean, don't think of yourself as a failure.
    Work out- realize that exercise is a privilege, realize that what you put in your body isn't always going to be perfect but that you want to strive for what you can live with permanently. Have a free meal once a week-
    Get rid of the following words NOW:
    CHEATING
    BAD
    FAILURE
    DIET
    Ok - off my rant haha