Weight IS just a number

I am slowly coming round to the idea that weight IS just a number. I've been stuck in the 168-172 range since 24/10/11 and getting pretty fed up.

I very rarely have cheat days. I track vigilantly and exercise A LOT. I began to get really fed up of seeing 168 then it going back up to 171 (one day it went down to 166 but that didn't last long). I decided I was in a plateau but, for the first time ever, stuck with it.

I measured myself last night and I've lost 9 inches since October (1 - arms; 2 - chest; 2 - waist; 2 - hips; 2 - thighs). I really couldn't believe what I was seeing and triple checked.

My message here is, if you haven't already, MEASURE YOURSELF NOW. If you find the scales won't budge, get that tape out and you may see a different story.

If you exercising your body composition is drastically changing (even if those numbers aren't) - fat levels are reducing and muscle levels are increasing.

I for one am going to pay less heed to the scales. Don't get me wrong, I will be over the moon the day I see 147lbs staring back at me but I would much rather be a heavier, toned person than a lighter, wobbly person!

Replies

• ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 600 Member
    BTW The scales hit 164 this morning (woo hoo) :laugh:
  • charmedone10
    charmedone10 Posts: 33 Member
    I totally agree! I don't mind how much I weigh as long as I am fit and toned!
    Thank you for posting this!
  • I completely agree. I had lost a fair bit of weight and no one said anything. Then I started Body Pump and toned up without actually losing any more kg, everyone started noticing and saying how different I looked.

It's the same for clothes too - sizes are so inconsistent I don't stress if I need to buy a larger size if it fits. I bought two dresses the other day and there were three sizes different between them but they both fit. It's about the cut and the fabric I think.