SUGAR!??

Options
atxdee
atxdee Posts: 613 Member
I'm confused about the sugar intake requirement for losing weight. On my diary I am always over on the sugar about 15-20g.
When I go browse through the foods I ate that day it is usually fruit that put me over. I thought we are supposed to eat 2-3 fruit serving a day. So how do I keep my sugar down and yet still eat enough fruit for the day? Or should I not worry about this particular sugar?

Does anyone know?

Replies

• KylieE
    KylieE Posts: 40
    Options
    I have the exact same issue! I think some sugars are better than others...
  • raqxc31
    Options
    I would love to hear some insight / recommendations for this as well. ALWAYS over. :::sigh:::

thanks x
  • margame
    margame Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Not sure but how about sticking to fruits that might be better (less sugary) choices? I think maybe berries are better.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    The MFP sugar intake level is an arbitrary number
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I'm confused about the sugar intake requirement for losing weight. On my diary I am always over on the sugar about 15-20g.
    When I go browse through the foods I ate that day it is usually fruit that put me over. I thought we are supposed to eat 2-3 fruit serving a day. So how do I keep my sugar down and yet still eat enough fruit for the day? Or should I not worry about this particular sugar?

Does anyone know?

Are you hitting your caloric goals?
    Are you getting sufficient protein and EFA's?
    Are you eating mostly whole, minimally-processed foods?

If so, there's no need to worry about going over MFP's recommended sugar intake.
  • isstbm14
    isstbm14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find eating berries, peaches, watermelon, and cantaloupes work well for keeping sugar down as they contain a lot less sugar than things like grapes, oranges, and bananas.