Ripped in 30?? Need info!

Options
Ok! I was a dumb butt and purchased the Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 instead of the 30 day shred. I keep hearing wonderful things about the 30 day shred but I havent really read anything regarding the ripped in 30.

I have been working out consistantly since I started MFP Jan 3rd. Is this gonna kill me? Is this kind of like the 30 day shred? Will i become a bulky butch instead of a svelt swedish model???

Need advice, assistance, support and a possible heart monitor!?? hahaha

Replies

• jessdeweerdt
    Options
    I've done both.. I did 30DS first.. and a few times (I don't follow the every day gig.. I just do it as a workout).. In some ways I prefer the ripped in 30.. it's really the same idea of muscle confusion and circuit training.. I think you'll do fine! Don't get me wrong, it is intense, and it is a workout, but in comparison to the shred, I think they're pretty much the same level :)
  • 5thanddes
    5thanddes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you! :)
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I don't think either will make you a "bulky butch" unless you are already so inclined! :noway: :laugh: I think any fitness video that you actually do and enjoy is the one to buy! Good luck with your fitness journey
  • mrsfoose
    Options
    Wait until you get to week 4 of Ripped. That thing is killer! It's a fun workout though and the time seems to pass very quickly. Enjoy!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I bought it too, but haven't started it yet. I watched half of it to check out the moves. When are you starting? I'd love to join you. :bigsmile:
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love it, it is hard but there is beginer and advanced. First time can be hard, but you find you get better. This is designed for tonning and shaping you woudl be hard pressed to get big bulky mussles. Definitely works the right areas, gets up a sweat and you feel it after.
  • 5thanddes
    5thanddes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I bought it too, but haven't started it yet. I watched half of it to check out the moves. When are you starting? I'd love to join you. :bigsmile:

I should be getting it in 5-7 business days!!! :) I would love too, i will add you as a friend and we can do it together! :)
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

I should be getting it in 5-7 business days!!! :) I would love too, i will add you as a friend and we can do it together! :)

Great! I was thinking about starting on February 1. If you get yours by then does that work for you?
  • JLervold86
    JLervold86 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is great! I too did 30DS first and then did the Ripped in 30. The Ripped in 30 was a little better, I thought because you are only doing the same exercise for one week versus 10 days AND you get a day off. Also, in 30DS you were doing 2 strength moves, one for 1min another for 30 seconds and then you repeated to get your 3 minutes of strength per circuit, with Ripped in 30 you do 3 moves all for 30 seconds each and repeat tomake up the 3 minutes per circuit. I have to say that week 3 of Ripped in 30 I think is the hardest ....ugh duckwalks! It's fun though and a really great exercise!