Do u think this is ok?

Options
Today I consumed 907 calories as I really did not feel overly hungry - I went to a gym class and then into the gym and burned 855 caloriesn:-) I'm just wondering if this is ok and hope my body will not store fat? Thanks in advance xx

Replies

• Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Darlin', gotta eat at the MINIMUM 1200 cals a day for your bod to function.
    Better grab some pasta and chow down!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely eat more if I were you. I run into the problem of never being hungry and/or being so busy I forget to eat, but I always make sure I get to 1200-1300 calories. But if it's not possible, one day won't matter in the long run.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    52 Net calories!?! Did I read this right? If so ....no - it's not OK. What would your body store? There are not enough calories for regular daily needs, let alone storage.
  • chantelle149
    chantelle149 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Darlin', gotta eat at the MINIMUM 1200 cals a day for your bod to function.
    Better grab some pasta and chow down!

Agreed your body can't live on the 52 calories you didn't burn at the gym......
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely eat more if I were you. I run into the problem of never being hungry and/or being so busy I forget to eat, but I always make sure I get to 1200-1300 calories. But if it's not possible, one day won't matter in the long run.

ditto. One day won't matter but don't make it a habit.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    You should be eating more than 900 calories WITHOUT exercise. So adding in the exercise, you should be eating your 1200 calories plus more. 52 calories isn't enough.
  • louiseburrows12
    Options
    Ok thank u for all your Advice I will definantly eat more calories tomorrow :-)
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone here.
    One day of this isn't going to KILL you. It's just really not good for you continuously so just try not to do it again. I've done it before, believe me. Make up for what you didn't eat, tomorrow, and you'll be fine. :smile:

Also, if it's hard for you to eat "a lot" (I know sometimes it's hard for me) try to add more higher calorie small foods - nuts and such. It'll help fill up your calories without forcing you to eat a crap ton. :wink:
  • Bulldog1981
    Options
    So glad I seen this post. MFP is always saying that Im "starving my body" because the 5 days I go to the gym for 2-2.5 hours I hit strength and cardio and on average I burn 700-800 cal. However if I was starving I wouldn't be fat right? According to MFP Im allowed 1400 but I find it hard to reach that cause Im also trying to eat healthy and Im stuck eating the same menu's most the time. However I feel like if I eat more Im going to end up fat again. UGH I don't know what to do?!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    So glad I seen this post. MFP is always saying that Im "starving my body" because the 5 days I go to the gym for 2-2.5 hours I hit strength and cardio and on average I burn 700-800 cal. However if I was starving I wouldn't be fat right? According to MFP Im allowed 1400 but I find it hard to reach that cause Im also trying to eat healthy and Im stuck eating the same menu's most the time. However I feel like if I eat more Im going to end up fat again. UGH I don't know what to do?!

Eat!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/core_march_8.htm

I've lost 26kg eating 1600 calories every day.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options

You can eat healthy things that are calorie dense though. If you aren't getting close to your calorie goal don't be scared of things like nuts, avocados, olive oil, and even some good cheese (not processed crap). I know i could easily consume a few hundred calories just on some good greek yogurt with a bit of hemp granola mixed in.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

If your goal is JUST weight loss - don't eat.

If your goal is HEALTHY weight loss - eat.

Healthy weight loss is keeping exisisting muscle & losing JUST fat. If I starve myself I lose fat AND muscle, not good.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    One day won't hurt you. Making a habit of it will.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    52 net cals. I think I burn that by lifting the TV remote a few times. O_o

If you don't feel hungry, there are still calorie dense foods you can eat that won't fill you up and will let you get your cals up to a safe level. Try nuts, peanut butter, olive and canola oils, whole eggs etc.