Dancing!

Options
Hi,

Iv realized my fav way to workout is dancing, Iv been doing belly dancing, and zumba!! and thier both really fun!! but id like to try some new ones.. any ideas?!?!

Thanks!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• eissak
    eissak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've done ballet and jazz since I was about 3 (26 now). Ballet is great for toning and making your muscles long and lean. Jazz is a great lively work out. If you can find a local studio that offers adult classes they are usually more laid back, and often can get a better deal. My studio discounts adult classes b/c she knows we're poor! I always feel great after leaving class, both physically and mentally. Definitely have to find what works for you! I've been wanting to try zumba, I'm sure it's right up my alley.
  • cjm109
    cjm109 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Country Line Dancing
  • littlegauge
    Options
    I've been dancing since I was a little girl, there is nothing that I love to do more. I teach a burlesque class, it's a 90 minute class that includes a workout and choreography. You should try something like that, so much fun. It gives you a great workout and brings out the confidence inside!
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Love zumba
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love, love swing dancing--jitterbug, lindyhop, that sort of thing. So fun!:smile:
  • rachelowow
    Options
    I've done ballet and jazz since I was about 3 (26 now). Ballet is great for toning and making your muscles long and lean. Jazz is a great lively work out. If you can find a local studio that offers adult classes they are usually more laid back, and often can get a better deal. My studio discounts adult classes b/c she knows we're poor! I always feel great after leaving class, both physically and mentally. Definitely have to find what works for you! I've been wanting to try zumba, I'm sure it's right up my alley.

Hi!

I never even thought about adult classes!! I danced from when i was 3 till i graduated hig hschool!!! Im really excited now! Thanks! :)
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    Go to a club, drink water & DANCE! You can go out with your friends, dance (a pretty good workout -- ever noticed how you always come out of the club sweating?) & not get drunk. Drive in, and you've also saved a cab fare! :happy:

That's what I'm doing tonight, because my boy and I both have tonight and tomorrow off (which is pretty rare) :drinker:
  • Hotmess2012
    Options
    Big advocate of "Hip Hop Abs"... totally fun and keeps you going non stop for max burn!!
  • Bonnylassie
    Options
    Salsa , It is a brilliant,fun way to exercise !
  • rachelowow
    Options
    This is Sooooooooooo Awsum, & Helpfull!!! Thanks abuch :)
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love, love swing dancing--jitterbug, lindyhop, that sort of thing. So fun!:smile:

Definitely! My husband and I do 1950s style rock n roll. It's a great workout and fun, fun, fun.
  • Mmeeker09
    Options
    I love love love love dancing!! Zumba is my favorite. All through out middle and high school I did tap dancing and boy does that give you a leg workout. I miss it lots! I have actually though about taking a class at the college!
  • rlovelace306
    Options
    YOU CAN BUY ANY MERENGUE OR SALSA MUSIC AND IT IS LIKE THE ZUMBA DANCE. IT CAN BE BOUGHT ANYWHERE THAT SELLS MUSIC BEST BUYS, WALMART, KMART, TARGET, ETC... (HAVE FUN) :bigsmile: I HAVE BEEN DOING THE ZUMBA Wii MYSELF AND I LIKE IT VERY MUCH.
  • jpoulsen2
    jpoulsen2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Me too! Lindy/Swing is one of those things that I could do for hours without even noticing that I was doing "exercise" - it's just so much fun! Been trying to get a group of die-hard fans to come out dancing with me here in Boston on a more regular basis (dances held pretty much every day of the week in my area). So far I think I need more friends that are "game"!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I love to go dancing!
    Great exercise.
    No tips except to just turn up the music, and dance!

It's great aerobics any time.
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I love doing Rockin Body from Beachbody, it is a real good workout, but at the same time fun dance.
  • Kristentheviolinist
    Options
    I generally dance through my Wii playing games like Just Dance Three ect.....
  • TIFnFIT
    TIFnFIT Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    JAZZERCISE!!! Not only do you get your cardio in a "Girls Night Out" like class but you also get Strength Training all in 1 hour!!! Jazzercise.com for locations and get yourself into class -- You'll LOVE IT!!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hip-Hop or Line Dancing...
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I did ballet and pointe growing up. I started in second grade and went through my first year of college. My son likes when we just turn on some music and dance all crazy, and I know I'm burning some calories doing that. I've been doing all the cardio videos on the Comcast On Demand menu, and there's all kinds of dance ones on there that are tons of fun, and really get you moving too.