TO THOSE OF YOU LOOSING WEIGHT

Options
2»

Replies

• ShapingAgnes
    ShapingAgnes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water. I mostly watch my calories and not too much else. I don't salt everything like I use too. I log everything I eat or drink. I lost about 50 just watching what I was eating and it came off in about 5 months. I am in month 6 now and the weight seems to be coming off slower so I have started exercising and can tell a big difference.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have been at it since the first week of December, and I have lost 20 lbs. I have been watching my calorie intake (1200 per day), eating mostly unprocessed, "whole" foods, and exercising 5- 6 days per week. I do a lot of Zumba, walking and jogging with some strength training. I also eat back a pretty big portion of my exercise calories. Feel free to check out my food diary and friend me for support!
  • sayfay
    sayfay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Eating less and moving more. It is as *simple* as that! I stick to my calorie goal set by MFP and I exercise 4-5 times a week. I've lost 30.5 pounds in 3.5 months, so I'm averaging about a 1-2 pound loss a week.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Idk what loose weight is?
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Accurate logging (get a scale and measuring cups), staying below my calorie count, making my calories as "clean" as I can. Lots of veggies (I am diabetic so not really lots of fruit) and lots of water. After I had my eating "in control" I added excercise in. Compared to other times (Atkins) it's coming off "slow" but I'm averaging the 1-1/2 pounds a week I wanted... Slow and steady wins the race:wink:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

I think its like the when I wave my arm to say hello and my loose fat jiggles :D
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym and cut out junk food, happy hours, especially margaritas, and drink a lot of water. I work out 5-6 days a week, strength and cardio. First month according to my trainer I lost 16 lbs and 2% body fat. I have 150 lbs to lose, but it's a start.
  • JollyJane13
    JollyJane13 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    First, I dont restrict to heavily (or I know I will fail). I watch calories content and portions. I eat generally less than what MFP sets for me, but I feel full. I do exercise every day. I do 30 Day Shread and some weight training (rotate focal areas) daily. I will be changing up my routine every 10 days, and adding Zumba a couple times a week. I've lost 6 pounds in two weeks, but more importantly, I've lost INCHES. I limit soda content (diet gives me migraines) to 8 oz every other day or less. Also, eating breakfast was my biggest issue, so I picked up some shakes (slimfast, special k, or adkins) to grab on the go and jumpstart my metabolism early. I do that about 4-5 times a week, especially when I am on the run to work or run errands ect. Hope that gave you some ideas :)
  • misslynnswan
    Options
    Eat more "whole" foods. Its cheaper and healthier. Getting healthy is not just about eating 1200 calories (or whatever MFP tells you) its about learning a lifestyle change and the type and quality of foods you eat make a difference. You have to learn how to cook healthy, eat healthy, enjoy the food you eat & working out and learn how to maintain that lifestyle. Don't buy junk and have it in your house. If you want ice cream, potato chips or some other treat then go get one serving of it (and don't do it every day). I love classes at the gym. I can work out for 3 hour doing cardio and weights and I still could never get the quality of workout I can in one 60 minute class. Classes like Zumba are fun and they are good for coordination and have other positive attributes other then just burning calories.
  • anisoptera
    anisoptera Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well I've been hard at it for a month now and I'm gaining weight but lossing inches not sure what' s going on, but I'm just going to remain positive and look at the inches lost and not the pounds gained
  • LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    watch your sodium intake as well. I have been here 3 days now and the first day I looked at my sodium and was stunned by how quickly it can add up.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 lbs by simply eating my calorie recommendation for each day. Occasionally I go over for special occasions. Mostly I just practice portion control, but I also have added whole grains, more fruits/veggies, and more protein into my diet. As far as a timeline-- well I lost the first 24 lbs in preparation for my wedding. I guess I started in February and my wedding was June 4. Then I maintained for most of the summer to give my body a rest, and now I've started losing again. I hope to lose another 5 lbs or so, and then see where I am.
  • secrets_out
    Options

I think its like the when I wave my arm to say hello and my loose fat jiggles :D
    lmao!
  • secrets_out
    Options
    images.jpg
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    LOSE not LOOSE
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything that is not a liquid. You think you can eyeball it or that 1/4 cup is a serving until you dish it up and weigh it and realize that the meat is way over a portion and you have 2 servings of cheese in that little measuring cup.