HANG UP THE PHONE!

Options
sweetiepie31612
sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
Going to the gym in January is brutal. It seems like all of the machines are always full and I'm constantly readjusting my schedule to find a time when MAYBE it won't be so crowded. So I go to the gym today and, of course, it's packed. I am able to find a free machine though and I begin my work out. After a few minutes the treadmill in front of my opens up. This woman then emerges from the locker room wearing her black frilly shirt and spandex shorts. She promptly climbs on th treadmill in front of me and begins to walk. She was walking about a 2-2.5 mph pace and I'm thinking maybe its her warm up. But then she whips out her phone and starts yacking away while walking. As time continued to tick a line formed for the treadmills. She stood on that treadmill for over 20 mins walking slowly and talking on her phone. Not once did she speed up. Not once did she look around or acknowledge the people around her. I was livid for the people waiting! I think it's great that you're walking and not just sitting around, but people come to the gym to WORK! If you're not going to work, don't come to the gym. You can burn just as many calories walking around your house chatting on the phone. Stay home, keep your convo to yourself, burn just as many calories, and free up a machine...everyone wins.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Did you tell her this?
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Did you tell her this?

No, I was still in the middle of my workout. I hope one of the people waiting for a machine said something though. It was so rude.
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Did you tell her this?

No, I was still in the middle of my workout. I hope one of the people waiting for a machine said something though. It was so rude.

I hope you at least stared distastefully then. =)
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately this is the world we live in now. People have little to no regard for others and are becoming more self-important and self-involved than ever before. I need to walk around the mall with my arms extended just to prevent people from ramming into me because they are too damn busy talking or testing on their phones. Bah if I keep going I'm going to rant for hours!