over 600 calories left to eat .................

Options
Hey guys. I have over 600 calories left to eat and I still have my evening work out to do. I ate breakfast lunch and dinner. I even had some snacks. I am not sure what I should eat to get about 800 more calories wihtout feeling like I could roll across the room. Please help!

Replies

• nataliemae2011
    nataliemae2011 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    don't eat them if your not hungry. eat them accordingly.
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'll eat them for you. Well, not all of them. Maybe I'll take 200 if someone else will take the rest.
  • ladybug813
    Options
    I have 890 left after breakfast,snack,lunch,snack,and dinner and a workout! I only eat them if I'm hungry what a big difference that is for me to eat only when I'm hungry :bigsmile:
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    peanut butter toast, cheese and whole grain crackers, greek yogurt with fruit, almonds, pistachios, make some nachos with tomato, avocado, cheese and some home made tortilla chips, chocolate milk, etc
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Nice big bowl of chili with some crackers. You might not make it an 800-calorie meal, but it'll be soooo good and filling!:happy:
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    eat half. chicken and rice - prob would add up to 300 easy. if not, add some almonds. avacado or PB.
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Brownie time!! Make it --a La Mode:) I can not resist a brownie!
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    don't force yourself, but have a few dense things maybe? cheese, maybe a few pieces of dried fruit, some hearty greek yogurt?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Mind blown. I have 1500 calorie meals at times, it's absolutely crazy to me to think people have so many calories left over.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Cake.
  • JennyAnn35
    Options
    I have the same issue and will under eat if I am not careful. To avoid this I try to plan my entire day in the morning so I know just what I will eat when I get hungry each time to be sure I reach a min of 1200.
  • JennyAnn35
    Options
    It can be hard to plan ahead, but don't let yourself fall into a habit of eating under 1200, you will sabotage your weight loss, and be primed to gain it back! I know, been there, done that!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, there are many things I could enjoy ......

PB & J sandwich with an ice cold glass of milk
    Couple scoops of ice cream ... the real deal
    Lean ground beef w/ cheese, onion, pickles, tomato, mustard and ketchup on an Arnold's Thin
    GIRL SCOUT COOKIES with milk
    Snickers bar
    Popcorn ... the real deal
    Baked potato with sour cream (the real deal again)

Do I need to go on?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Mind blown. I have 1500 calorie meals at times, it's absolutely crazy to me to think people have so many calories left over.

This is something I always ponder too.

"I've eaten 800 calories today and can't eat more!"

WTH.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd have 2 McDonald's cheeseburgers if I had already met my daily essentials, macro an micro nutrients.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I just had a 600ml bottle of flavoured milk. nom nom nom
  • kmhallett
    kmhallett Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. When I first started this site I always ate a lot and must have been way over my calories. Now that I am measuring out my food and drinking more water I feel like I can not possible eat enough. Choosing the right foods gives you so many calories to eat!
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    It's a great time to get any craving out of the way. It doesn't hurt to occasionally indulge yourself, you've been good.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If you have that many cals left and can't possibly eat them, then I wouldn't be working out to burn more (that you also won't be able to eat).
    Better to have an evening off and use that time to plan your meals for tomorrow so you don't have so many left over.
    Planning really is the key here - if you know you will be working out later, then add something a bit more calorie dense to your breakfast or lunch (dried fruit or peanut butter into porridge, cheese or avocado added to lunch, olive oil dressing on your salad, are some examples) so that your numbers are looking more reasonable by the end of the day.

I don't get stressed about eating every last calorie, but I tend to think that it is healthy to be pretty close to your recommended calories most days. Eating very little is not setting up good habits that are going to last - it's hard to get enough good nutrition when your calories are too low and this can lead to longer term problems.