I started Les Mills Pump 90 day program

Options
Day 1 of the program started with Body Challenge...an introductory 25 minute workout that focused on teaching proper form and timing/cadences that you'll see as you progress in the 90 day program. There were 5 areas targeted...squats, chest, lunges (killer), back/triceps, and shoulders. I used 5# weight plates on my bar for the entire workout and that was heavy enough for the amount of reps. Music was great...up tempo and current. I thought the instructors were good and talked just enough to not be annoying. I'm definitely sore but I can still walk! Weight training is 3x/week and on alternate days you're supposed to do about 40 minutes of cardio with some yoga or ab work thrown in to supplement.

So far so good. Took my Before pictures...OMG I can't wait to see what, if any differences, I'll see at the end of the first 30 day period. Yuck : (

Replies

• allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    good luck! i just ordered this today. I'm in desperate need of a strength training program! can't wait to see your results!
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for posting! I just ordered the program today too.. I'm thinking about doing this program with some of my Insanity Max workouts

Can't wait to see ur results! Good luck
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you guys are in this with me. Since we moved a couple of months ago I no longer own a scale (wish I could say I feel liberated but I miss it) so I have no idea what my starting weight is except I know it's about 20 or so pounds heavier than I used to be. Boo!

I'm combining Pump with elliptical training for cardio although I may throw in a Turbo Fire or Insanity workout every so often because I HATE the elliptical. I'll continue to post my workouts here and I hope you guys do the same once you start your program. Good luck to you too!!!!

Sharon
  • DorisR184
    Options
    I wish I would lose my scale too, I have a horrible obsession with it lol.

That's wonderful! I look forward to reading how everything is going with you and hope to soon be able to share some of my experiences once I get started :smile:
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Im on my 3rd week of the program. After the first day I skipped Challenge because it was too easy for me. I do Pump & Burn now with 15lbs-20lbs on each side and sometimes I'll do Challenge afterwards. Im loving it so far. I also do extra cardio!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    i'm in training for my half marathons in Feb and March so i got cardio no prob.. this will be a good addition!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Wow Jataijah that is IMPRESSIVE!!!!! I'm hoping to work my way up to those heavier weights in month 2 since I've spent the last couple of months not working out.

Allie always good to see you my friend! I look forward to hearing all about your marathon training!

Today was a cardio day so I did 45 minutes on the treadmill alternating between walking at 3.5 speed on a 4 - 6 incline and running at 4.0 - 4.5 speed with 0 incline. I actually enjoyed that more than the stupid elliptical although running leaves me more sore. Looking forward to trying Pump & Burn tomorrow!
  • DorisR184
    Options
    You guys are doing great!! I can't wait to get started, I can see myself now stalking the mailman next week lol... How long did you all take to receive your package in the mail? I ordered using standard shipping, so I'm sure it hasn't even shipped yet :grumble:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Mine came in about a week. Beachbody shipping is pretty fast.
  • DorisR184
    Options
    Mine came in about a week. Beachbody shipping is pretty fast.

Cool! Thank you :smile:
  • jataijah
    Options
    It took mine about a week too :)
  • telcochik
    Options
    Today was another round of Pump Challenge. I am really ready to try Pump & Burn next week. I previewed it today and it looks like something I will enjoy.
  • DorisR184
    Options
    Yay!! I can't wait to get it and be able to share my experiences with you all!

Keep it going ladies!! :smile:
  • jataijah
    Options
    Today was another round of Pump Challenge. I am really ready to try Pump & Burn next week. I previewed it today and it looks like something I will enjoy.

Oh yeah you'll love Pump & Burn. The first time I did the squats track my legs were shaking so bad I could barely do Leg and back! Felt awesome though!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Oh Pump and Burn your squat section is as bad as Challenge's Lunge section...OWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great workout. I really worked up a sweat and my glutes are now sore (TMI???) Thinking about adding some Turbo Fire for cardio instead of running so I don't have to go outside while the weather is so yucky.

Hope you guys are having a great day.
  • jataijah
    Options
    My legs are killing me too. But its so worth it. I've already lost an inch in my thighs. Thank you squats and dead lifts!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Good Morning! Day 2 week 2 I tried the Combat workout as my cardio session and OMG it was AWESOME!!! I really need to remember to wear my HRM so I can accurately gauge my calorie burn. I had to modify some of the segments this first time around because the pace speeds up and in some cases I got tired before the segment ended. I can totally see that this workout requires a bit of practice before you're really able to burn max calories...kind of like Turbo Fire!

Can't wait to do it again but I think for my next cardio session I'm going to try the sports conditioning workout just to see if I like it.

Jatajiah your progress is inspiring! Thanks for continuing to post here so I don't feel so alone! : )

Have a great day
    Sharon
  • DorisR184
    Options
    Ladies you are doing great! I'll be able to join you starting Monday since I just received my package :happy:

Quick question, what do your collars look like for the weights? Mine just looks like a 2 small cylinders with the little release tab, but mine doesn't look like the one on the website http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/les-mills-pump-workout.do ... Mine doesnt have the outer lip, if that makes sense lol.
  • jataijah
    Options
    I keep hearing good things about Combat. Glad to hear you like it too. Today is Week4 Day2 for me Rest day and man I need it. Tomorrow is Pump & Burn and I'll also throw in some cardio nothing too intense though.
  • jataijah
    Options
    Ladies you are doing great! I'll be able to join you starting Monday since I just received my package :happy:

Quick question, what do your collars look like for the weights? Mine just looks like a 2 small cylinders with the little release tab, but mine doesn't look like the one on the website http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/les-mills-pump-workout.do ... Mine doesnt have the outer lip, if that makes sense lol.

They may have changed the clips because a lot of people were complaining about them not fitting the barbell.