I just need some help/support.

Options
I'm new to this site so I didn't know which thread was the appropriate one, so forgive me if I'm wrong...

Basically I have been dying to shed some lbs for the past year, but I live with my nan, and she loves me regardless,
but recently she has been telling me I've put on weight, and not in a polite way, despite me asking her to stock some
healthier foods in the house so I stop snacking on junk.
I'm jobless too so I can't even supply my own food.

And as for my friends, they're all too nice to tell me I've grown in size, and are always so anti me loosing weight.

I just need some guidance, and someone I can talk to.

Replies

• lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend and I will try my best to help you! We could all use some help and asking for it is the first step!
  • PirateGash
    Options
    Thankyou very much. I added you. You're officially my first friend on here :)
  • Bulldog1981
    Options
    Let me just say your not alone...I have friends that either "don't care" what I weigh or "would never be that honest"! The harsh reality was me getting on the scale and realizing what I weighed. The worst part is not having support from my friends. Which is why I was very happy to find this site. Everyone here is supportive and motivational. Feel free to add me!
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    My friends don't care and my husband loves me "just the way I am". With that being said, all this is for me and for me alone. We are going to Hawaii in just under two weeks. I want to look and feel good about myself.

As for food and your living conditions. Have you thought about asking your mate if youw could go shopping with her? Also, portion control; I actually eat my dinner on a salad plate and make it a point not to go back for seconds.

Lastly, work out. If you are at home all day - take a brisk walk, get a workout DVD. I actually saw the 30 DS on sale for $10 the other day.

Stay focused. you CAN do this.